2011 Uconnect streaming audio quality - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2011 Uconnect streaming audio quality

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 07-01-2012, 05:55 PM   #1
xsdbs

2011 Uconnect streaming audio quality

Moderators, would it be possible to have this thread set up as a Sticky?

I have been asked to see if I can get an idea of how many people are disappointed with the Uconnect streaming audio sound quality.
I would like to start a list of people with any of the 2011 Chrysler brands (Chrysler, Dodge Jeep) that also have a Mitsubishi radio in the vehicle (RES, REQ, RBZ, RHB). I mention all three because people will fnd similar information on an issue when searching online but may have a different Chrysler brand.
Let's start a numbered list please. You can quote the reply from the next person, cut out the names and place them into he body of your reply, then add your information. What I need is your screen name, vehicle type and radio model. Thanks for your assistance.

EX: xsdbs wrangler RHB

xsdbs 2011 Wrangler RHB

EX: continued (here you'll notice that I cut my information out and added it into the body of my reply below).

1) xsdbs 2011 Wrangler RHB

xsdbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2012, 07:33 PM   #2
Foxwakeboarder
2012 JK Wrangler 

The streaming quality in my 2012 is better than the Sirius radio is. I am using a Samsung note with spotify.
Foxwakeboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2012, 08:06 PM   #3
lazerpunk

I have the 430N in my 2012 Rubi. I have an iPhone 4S and it sounds great, I am very happy with it.

2012 Unlimited Rubicon, Crush, Auto, Dual Top, 430N w/nav, Max Tow
lazerpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2012, 08:20 PM   #4
Sandbox
2004 WJ 

What I need is your screen name, vehicle type and radio model.

Sandbox
2012 JKU Sport S
RES
iPhone 4s

Mine sounds pretty good. The only issue I've noticed is that it occasionally kind of "skips", like a CD player.
"DULCE ET DECORUM EST PRO PATRIA MORI"
Sandbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2012, 09:27 PM   #5
woodyfx4
2012 JK Wrangler 

Rubiwood
2012 JKU Rubicon
430N
iPhone 4

Mines sounds great.
woodyfx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2012, 10:04 PM   #6
Spank
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsdbs View Post
I have been asked to see if I can get an idea of how many people are disappointed with the Uconnect streaming audio sound quality.
Disappointed with the streaming audio? How about the entire unit? The RHB, RHR, and RBZ utilize antiquated hardware and poorly designed software. My RHR is an $1,800 POS that's already 5 years old right out of the box.

Who's asking you to poll folks about the UConnect?
Unread 07-02-2012, 06:28 AM   #7
xsdbs

You are not comparing apples to apples here. Your complaint is with the RHR which is built by Harman and have internal Uconnect systems.
The radios that I mentioned are the RES, REQ, RHB & RBZ. These radios are built by Mitsubishi and they have a supplier build the external Uconnect modules.
Now I'll add an extra note incase you're interested, The touchscrenns (4.3 & 8.4) that Chrysler is using are built by Magneti Marelli and they build their external Uconnect module.
So as you can see there are 3 different suppliers of the Uconnect system. Do they all perform the same? (no) Is one any better than the others? (depends on who you ask) Does one support more phones than the others (look at the approved phone list and compare, even though the list is not current, you can still form an opinion).
I am not "polling". Polling would be comparing something to something else, looking for public opinion etc.
I am asking to get an idea of members that would like better streaming audio that have a 2011 Chrysler vehicle and the above mentioned radios. There have been complaints about it and I have mentioned to a friend who asked "how many people do you think there are that would like better quality if it were possible"? So I am asking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spank View Post
Disappointed with the streaming audio? How about the entire unit? The RHB, RHR, and RBZ utilize antiquated hardware and poorly designed software. My RHR is an $1,800 POS that's already 5 years old right out of the box.

Who's asking you to poll folks about the UConnect?
Unread 07-02-2012, 06:32 AM   #8
xsdbs

I am looking for members that have 2011 vehiclles with the above mentioned radios (RES, REQ, RBZ & RHB) only. I am not asking about any of the Harman or Magneti Marelli radios. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandbox View Post
What I need is your screen name, vehicle type and radio model.

Sandbox
2012 JKU Sport S
RES
iPhone 4s

Mine sounds pretty good. The only issue I've noticed is that it occasionally kind of "skips", like a CD player.
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodyfx4 View Post
Rubiwood
2012 JKU Rubicon
430N
iPhone 4

Mines sounds great.
Unread 07-02-2012, 12:39 PM   #9
mountainkahn
2012 JK Wrangler 

My 2012 works and sounds great -- however, the ipod USB connection dies on me sometimes.
mountainkahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2012, 02:43 PM   #10
blue-coupe
2011 JK Wrangler 

I have a 2011 JKU with the 430N. The streaming is awful!

Please keep me in the loop if you hear about any updates that might improve any aspect of this unit.

blue-coupe
2011 Wrangler Sport S Unlimited
430N
iPhone 4s
blue-coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2012, 10:53 AM   #11
xsdbs

come on now, this isn't that difficult to understand. The title is for 2011 vehicles and asking for you to add your information to the list by cutting out the previous members name, pasting it to the body of your reply, then add your information.

EX: xsdbs wrangler RHB

EX: continued (here you'll notice that I cut my information out and added it into the body of my reply below).

1) xsdbs 2011 Wrangler RHB
2) blue-coupe 2011 Wrangler RHB
3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue-coupe View Post
I have a 2011 JKU with the 430N. The streaming is awful!

Please keep me in the loop if you hear about any updates that might improve any aspect of this unit.

blue-coupe
2011 Wrangler Sport S Unlimited
430N
iPhone 4s
Unread 07-13-2012, 08:13 PM   #12
Sandbox
2004 WJ 

Let me add a possible solution. I started having some real problems with my streaming. The "skip" issue I mentioned earlier in thread was getting really bad. I also started having some issues with my Run Training app and the audio. The music kept stopping. Tonight, I did I hard reset on my iPhone and it definitely resolved my streaming issues. I found out this weekend about my app issues. For the record, I have an iPhone 4g.

Sent from my iPhizzle using JeepForum
"DULCE ET DECORUM EST PRO PATRIA MORI"
Sandbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2012, 06:00 PM   #13
xsdbs

May I be so bold as to be clear here for a minute. Please look at the thread title. It says 2011 streaming audioquality and nothing about 2012 streaming audio. The 2012 Uconnect already has an upgraded bit pool for the streaming audio.
You'll find that on the iPhone that you will need to occassionally reboot the phone possibly a couple times a month for various issues beside BT.
I have the 4 & the 4S which both have issues that come up and the phone needs to be rebooted.
Unread 07-16-2012, 12:57 PM   #14
blue-coupe
2011 JK Wrangler 

The more I think about this, the more I think I will make a warranty claim on this the next time I take the JK in for service. I paid too much for this feature to not work properly, especially if it is working well for others.
blue-coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2012, 01:39 PM   #15
Noxian
2011 JK Wrangler 

Mine is perfect in my 2011 but you already helped me out xsdbs

last time I talked to the dealership about Bluetooth issues the service adviser started talking about some cocktail that had the word blue in it..

My parents 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 with the RHB deck is has awful Bluetooth audio quality so I guess it didn't get the upgraded module or software either..
Noxian is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.