2011 JK Sahara help needed - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2011 JK Sahara help needed

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-20-2013, 07:45 AM   #1
coachg

2011 JK Sahara help needed

Ok I bought a used 2011 Sahara with only 10,000 miles never seen rain or snow from a guy that added a 4 inch rough country lift... Since owning it I have turned off the hill assist feature and the traction control. Prior to turning off the traction control my light came on and I noticed that my steering wheel was not centered I took it in and had alignment now the wheel is straight and it drives straight. Prior to taking it in I turned off the traction control using the super secret code of having the E brake on the JK in 4H turning the wheel and pushing the button in for 7 seconds. IT WORKED its off.. But my light is still on and it beeps twice when I come to a stop... So how do I get the light off and making the beeping stop??? I love this Jeep but it has to many bells and whistles to me but the price was great for this rig and I couldn't pass it up..

coachg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2013, 03:09 AM   #2
AveCat
2012 JK Wrangler 

I think its made to do that. Maybe to encourage people not to drive with it off on a regular basis? Idk. I wish they hadn't removed it on the '12 and ups.
Unread 08-22-2013, 03:31 AM   #3
AEVBrute

I have an 11 and it is a great system but dont try to fool the system. You have said some things that do and dont make sense. The Jeep can drive straight and the wheel can be turned a half turn in one direction or the other. Pictures this, the system is designed so when you are entering a turn at speed if the wheel is so far past the extreme of where it should be the vehicle is trying to save your life by shutting down the speed etc.

You need a good mechanic that understands alignments and how alignments play such a major role with this safety feature. He should he able to fix it in 15 mins while you wait if he knows what he is doing.

You did not say if the wheel was straight you only said the vehicle drove straight. Big difference and big problem in this product. In the future no super secret stuff, that is what is probably making you say belles and whistles. It is a quite simple vehicle and actually does a great job with the stop gaps it has. Tricking a computer, not good if you want something to run right.

Only time I had a similar thing happen my mechanic did a quick half assed alignment because a huge snow storm was coming. And dont let the old solid axle so there is only toe from the old school days fool you either, toe and castor are a huge part of the performance, death wobble, and a couple other wierd things that happen. If you have a long arm make sure you check the rear also.
AEVBrute is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2013, 05:26 AM   #4
SubAtomicGenius
Sarcastic Fantastic

2011 JK Wrangler 

^^^ ???

Nope - can't start yet, haven't had my coffee this morning.
SubAtomicGenius is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.