2011 Dash Removal + Lockpick + camera - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2011 Dash Removal + Lockpick + camera

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 06-02-2011, 07:10 AM   #76
smess
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by michialt View Post
Am I the only one concerned that the Garmin GPS is getting it's speed information from the JEEPS Speedometer system???? Wouldn't this also induce speed problems into the GPS when new tires are added without changing the computer????

Maybe I am unique in my wants, but I would RATHER the GPS use it's internal calculations for speed and direction rather than depending on mechanical means for gathering this information.
yes I have always felt the same way, 2010 and prior were much better product. new GPS is quirky and not as user friendly by any means

smess is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2011, 07:02 AM   #77
michialt
1980 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smess View Post
yes I have always felt the same way, 2010 and prior were much better product. new GPS is quirky and not as user friendly by any means
I have used the Garmin GPS for years, so the software was a welcomed sight for me. I haven't had a single problem with that. Haven't seen anything quirky with the GPS yet, but I have only used it a couple of times.

I did notice last night though that the volume of the voice over the radio was significantly lower than the radio and I could not hear it when it interupted the radio, yet I was able to hear the music just fine.
michialt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2011, 07:16 AM   #78
smess
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by michialt View Post
I have used the Garmin GPS for years, so the software was a welcomed sight for me. I haven't had a single problem with that. Haven't seen anything quirky with the GPS yet, but I have only used it a couple of times.

I did notice last night though that the volume of the voice over the radio was significantly lower than the radio and I could not hear it when it interupted the radio, yet I was able to hear the music just fine.
when the woman is talking turn up the volume to the desired level and it can be as loud, louder, or softer than the radio
smess is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2011, 02:58 PM   #79
wamcgeemd
2011 WK 

I installed the lockpick and barcam on a 2011 Wrangler 4-door with RHB (nav) radio. U-connect was factory installed. All functions of lockpick are working quite well, except the "quick view" of the camera; i.e. "double-click the power button to jump to camera view, double-click again to return". This option does not work for me. I had read in another thread to "double-click" the u-connect button. Unfortunately, no luck with this option either. Has anyone else experienced this or have a solution?
...andy
2011 4-dr Wrangler Sahara
wamcgeemd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2011, 04:51 PM   #80
michialt
1980 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smess View Post
So bottom line is one of the most importnant features, the GPS speed, does not work with the lockpcik.

what a piece of garbage i am going back to the nav tv unit.

of course lockpick told me SURE IT ALL WORKS PERFECT.

so they lie and have no customer service!!!
Dude, the most important thing about the GPS (Speed) is worthless with or without the Lockpick. It's always going to read the same as your speedometer because it's getting it's speed from the Jeeps Computer rather than from calculating it. So no need to get the panties all balled up over it either way.
michialt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2011, 04:09 PM   #81
lingenfr

For those folks talking about 'yanking' the dash off. Uh no, don't. Be careful removing it. I was and I still lost some of the white plastic clips (at least two) and I am not going to take the entire dash apart to get to them. If you lose them, you might check out this thread:

http://www.jk-forum.com/showthread.p...53#post2394353

I haven't bought mine yet, but will soon.
lingenfr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2012, 02:48 AM   #82
torich

hello kitty camera

The camera is cute, but that's about it. Feels and looks very cheap. Controls are not user-friendly, especially for a child. You lose any/all pictures on the camera if you have to change the batteries. Display screen on back is useless. Pictures are very low res.

Hello kitty camera is the best one camera that i ever seen. This camera very funny. The price also inexpensive. Very suit for girl. I think this camera very unique and beautiful. More people today buy it. For more information you can read it at : hello kitty camera
torich is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
dash removal , JK Wrangler , lockpick , mygig , radio removal , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.