2011 Dash Removal + Lockpick + camera - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2011 Dash Removal + Lockpick + camera

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 02-04-2011, 06:23 AM   #61
Woodchuck

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubiwannabe View Post
So i recieved my uconnect today, going to stealership on tuesday to have it programmed and installed, im l looking for anyone here that has both the lockpick and uconnect together on a 2011 nav radio, i have a funny feeling the dealers going to tell me they wont work together, only because he probably has no idea what a lockpick is or does....please help guys..
What is the Uconnect going to do that the LockPick does not already do? Unless I am missing something, the LockPick unlocks ALL the Uconnect features

'08 Red Rock Unlimited Rubicon / AEV 2.75" Lift with Remote Reservoir Shocks / AEV Heat Reduction Hood / AEV Front & Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier / AEV Skidplates & Rear Corner Guards / Riddler Diff Covers / Mopar Enhanced Rock Rails / Warn 9.5ti Winch / Mopar Gas Cap Cover / 4.88 Gears / IPF 900xs Drive Beams / Eagle Eye HID Spotlights / Daniel Stern Headlights / 17" AEV Pintler Wheels with 35x12.5r17 BFG Mud-Terrain KM2's / Tuffy Security Drawer / sPod and Benchmark Dual Battery System / Cobra 75 CB / Lockpick with Front and Rear Cameras / Katzkin Heated Seats / Line-X Interior / Hitchsafe Key Vault / and a Trasharoo and a lot more little stuff or just stuff I forgot!!!

____oooo
[ l_,[____],
l---L -[OlllllllO-
( )_) ( )_)-o-)_)
Woodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2011, 05:54 PM   #62
rubiwannabe
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodchuck View Post
What is the Uconnect going to do that the LockPick does not already do? Unless I am missing something, the LockPick unlocks ALL the Uconnect features
Lockpick wont activate the factory bluetooth and voice commands as the UCONNECT wont activate the Nav and DVD in motion...since were on the subject..can i pair up more than one phone?..
rubiwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2011, 06:14 PM   #63
Woodchuck

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubiwannabe View Post
Lockpick wont activate the factory bluetooth and voice commands as the UCONNECT wont activate the Nav and DVD in motion...since were on the subject..can i pair up more than one phone?..
You sure on that?

Straight from coastaletech:

"UCONNECT AND VOICE RECOGNITION ENABLED ON NAV RADIOS - JUST ADD A MICROPHONE AND YOU ARE READY TO GO"

I have the LockPick but did not get the microphone (figured it was too loud to use hands free since the top is off over half the year and it's not much quieter with it on) and if I don't hit the uconnect button twice quickly enough for the back camera, uconnect starts talking to me and asking me to speak a response. I am pretty sure, but not positive, that LockPick enable Uconnect. Maybe someone else can chime in here.

Just my two cents
'08 Red Rock Unlimited Rubicon / AEV 2.75" Lift with Remote Reservoir Shocks / AEV Heat Reduction Hood / AEV Front & Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier / AEV Skidplates & Rear Corner Guards / Riddler Diff Covers / Mopar Enhanced Rock Rails / Warn 9.5ti Winch / Mopar Gas Cap Cover / 4.88 Gears / IPF 900xs Drive Beams / Eagle Eye HID Spotlights / Daniel Stern Headlights / 17" AEV Pintler Wheels with 35x12.5r17 BFG Mud-Terrain KM2's / Tuffy Security Drawer / sPod and Benchmark Dual Battery System / Cobra 75 CB / Lockpick with Front and Rear Cameras / Katzkin Heated Seats / Line-X Interior / Hitchsafe Key Vault / and a Trasharoo and a lot more little stuff or just stuff I forgot!!!

____oooo
[ l_,[____],
l---L -[OlllllllO-
( )_) ( )_)-o-)_)
Woodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2011, 06:56 PM   #64
rubiwannabe
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
You sure on that?

Straight from coastaletech:

"UCONNECT AND VOICE RECOGNITION ENABLED ON NAV RADIOS - JUST ADD A MICROPHONE AND YOU ARE READY TO GO"

I have the LockPick but did not get the microphone (figured it was too loud to use hands free since the top is off over half the year and it's not much quieter with it on) and if I don't hit the uconnect button twice quickly enough for the back camera, uconnect starts talking to me and asking me to speak a response. I am pretty sure, but not positive, that LockPick enable Uconnect. Maybe someone else can chime in here.

Just my two cents
Touch screen operation plus steering wheel controls for all functions.

Automatically activates the camera input on all Mygig radios as well as the VES and the Sat TV mode.

The interface allows manual and automatic activation of front/rear/left/right cameras and provides standard video inputs for each as well as providing camera power connections.

AUX inputs for video and audio are also included allowing connections from any type of multimedia device to display on the front screen and the audio to be heard through the sound system.

Also, the CHR550 provides outputs for audio and video to external screens or headrests. The output is fully dual zone allowing independent viewing of video and audio from any of the connected sources regardless of what is being viewed on the the front screen.

Of course, the CHR550 can allow navigation input and address searches while in motion as well as unlock the factory DVD player for use anytime.

USB upgradeable to keep it current with Lockpick advances and vehicle changes.

PLUG AND PLAY INSTALLATION - SIMPLE - NO WIRING, SOLDERING OR TAPS - JUST PLUG IT IN!

This unit does everything!!
Unread 02-05-2011, 09:47 AM   #65
tinsley
2011 JK Wrangler 

RHB head units

Quote:
The new RHB head units do not have bluetooth/uconnect integrated in them. This is an external hardware add-on unlike previous head units where you could access these features by adding the Lockpick and a microphone.
tinsley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2011, 03:22 PM   #66
mcdona90
2011 JK Wrangler 

Anyone have success with the uconnect installed from the factory with the 550 lockpick? I have read allot of posts about issues but uconnect but many seem to be adding the mic etc. any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
mcdona90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2011, 06:45 PM   #67
rubiwannabe
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I have the 550 installed and am going tomorrow to have the UCONNECT installed,ill let ya know how it works out
Unread 02-08-2011, 04:41 PM   #68
rubiwannabe
2003 TJ Wrangler 

FWIW.....the uconnect and lockpick work fine together..........................
Unread 02-21-2011, 04:37 PM   #69
LoneWrangler
2011 JK Wrangler 

So In Conclusion... (summary of posts)

Before I ask my question... thanks to all that contributed to this post. Much appreciated. I am considering buying one of these units as soon as I am confident it will work. So along those lines, did I understand correctly that...

We have verified that the LockPick CHR550 works with the following combination:
- Wrangler 2011 (just being thorough)
- Media Center 430N (RHB)
- Add on Bluetooth connectivity kit from Jeep/Mopar

But it only works only after running the update from http://coastaletech.com/usbupdate.htm

Known Problems: Speed no longer works on GPS (but does calculate time correctly still)

(rubiwannabe... you may be the only one that I have seen with the bluetooth module that mentioned having that installed with Lockpick. Any input would be much appreciated.)

Thanks to everyone that contributed to this point. Your input is much appreciated.
LoneWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2011, 03:07 PM   #70
airstuff

2011 Wrangler radio removal instructions

Just to help clarify the radio removal steps, which were a little sketchy in the prior posts: 1.Pull out the rubber tray from the top of the dash, you may need to give it a little tug. Remove the 7mm screw you find there. 2. Carefully pry away the plastic panel which is just below the steering wheel, prying the upper sides away first and easing your way down both sides. Use a very thin screwdriver and pad the surrounding trim so as not to leave marks. The bottom of the panel has plastic half-hinges that engage corresponding slots in the panel below the panel you're removing. When this panel is removed, you'll see two 7mm screws, one on the left of the steering column and one on the right. You'll note that these screws secure two tabs on the bottom of the instrument panel bezel, remove both screws. 3. You're actually going to be removing about half of the instrument panel bezel, which spans the area from the driver's door to just to the right of the radio. Don't worry, it's not as major a project as it seems. 4. Where the power window switches sit, they're surrounded by a small bezel. Prying carefully from the bottom, again using a pad where necessary, you will pop out the switch assembly and the surrounding bezel as a unit. Tug on this to get access to the switch/harness plug, which has a red button on the right side. The button is actually a catch, and you need to push on one end of it to release the harness from the switch. You'll now see a 7mm screw in the hole where the window switch was, remove it. 5. The instrument panel bezel is now removable; it's held in place only by friction tabs. Carefully lift the portion of the bezel just forward of the forwardmost, rightmost section (near the tray which you pulled the rubber tray from). With a little pressure, the friction tab will pop loose, and you can move around the bezel perimeter, popping the tabs loose as you go. 6. ADjust the steering wheel downward and you'll be able to lift the entire bezel assembly free. 7. The radio is in place with 4 7 mm screws, remove them and slide out the radio.

To re-install, just reverse the process.
airstuff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2011, 06:58 PM   #71
smess
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWrangler View Post
Before I ask my question... thanks to all that contributed to this post. Much appreciated. I am considering buying one of these units as soon as I am confident it will work. So along those lines, did I understand correctly that...

We have verified that the LockPick CHR550 works with the following combination:
- Wrangler 2011 (just being thorough)
- Media Center 430N (RHB)
- Add on Bluetooth connectivity kit from Jeep/Mopar

But it only works only after running the update from http://coastaletech.com/usbupdate.htm

Known Problems: Speed no longer works on GPS (but does calculate time correctly still)

(rubiwannabe... you may be the only one that I have seen with the bluetooth module that mentioned having that installed with Lockpick. Any input would be much appreciated.)

Thanks to everyone that contributed to this point. Your input is much appreciated.
So bottom line is one of the most importnant features, the GPS speed, does not work with the lockpcik.

what a piece of garbage i am going back to the nav tv unit.

of course lockpick told me SURE IT ALL WORKS PERFECT.

so they lie and have no customer service!!!
smess is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2011, 03:00 AM   #72
rubiwannabe
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smess View Post
So bottom line is one of the most importnant features, the GPS speed, does not work with the lockpcik.

what a piece of garbage i am going back to the nav tv unit.

of course lockpick told me SURE IT ALL WORKS PERFECT.

so they lie and have no customer service!!!
Pretty much in a nutshell......
Unread 04-07-2011, 06:23 AM   #73
rxjoe
2011 JK Wrangler 

I explained in a previous post that the speed does not show because the lockpick works by tricking the unit in to thinking the vehicle is in park. if you hold down the uconnect button for 7 seconds while in the dvd mode it will temporarily "disable" the lockpick. You will lose lockpick functions but the speed will display. To turn the lockpick back on repeat the 7 second uconnect button hold in the dvd mode.
rxjoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2011, 07:34 AM   #74
smess
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxjoe View Post
I explained in a previous post that the speed does not show because the lockpick works by tricking the unit in to thinking the vehicle is in park. if you hold down the uconnect button for 7 seconds while in the dvd mode it will temporarily "disable" the lockpick. You will lose lockpick functions but the speed will display. To turn the lockpick back on repeat the 7 second uconnect button hold in the dvd mode.
thanks for the info but I would like all the features to work all the time if i have the speed working and the address input while in motion does not work what is the point. might as well have a stock jeep and the money in my pocket.

like i said nav tv never game me these problems with my previous jeeps and they have customer service, in fact they have on line chat customer service.
smess is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2011, 03:27 PM   #75
michialt
1980 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxjoe View Post
Am I the only one concerned that the Garmin GPS is getting it's speed information from the JEEPS Speedometer system???? Wouldn't this also induce speed problems into the GPS when new tires are added without changing the computer????

Maybe I am unique in my wants, but I would RATHER the GPS use it's internal calculations for speed and direction rather than depending on mechanical means for gathering this information.
michialt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
dash removal , JK Wrangler , lockpick , mygig , radio removal , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.