2011 Dash Removal + Lockpick + camera - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2011 Dash Removal + Lockpick + camera

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 12-01-2010, 01:40 PM   #31
rxjoe
2011 JK Wrangler 

It is fairly easy however it seems more difficult than the previous models.

UPDATE: The usb update is available for the lockpick at coastaletech.com/usbupdate.htm

I haven't had the chance to try it yet but it looks like you need a laptop as you need to connect via usb to the unti while its conencted to the vehicle.

Anyone tried the update yet?

rxjoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2010, 08:49 PM   #32
aristobrat
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncieB View Post
God I need to get a good alarm!!
FWIW, it's fairly easy to add a motion detector to the stock JK alarm.
DEI 508D Proximity Motion Sensor addition to stock alarm system
aristobrat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2010, 08:28 AM   #33
UncieB

That is a cool idea and a great write-up!!
UncieB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2010, 05:31 PM   #34
mickeymeanie
2011 JK Wrangler 

I installed the update this afternoon... video in motion works, I didn't try the nav input in motion but assume it will work as well.

One thing, before I installed the lockpick, I am about 90% positive that the screen would auto dim when the headlights came on and brighten up when they were off... as it is right now, you have to manually change the settings.

My wife drives it daily so I can't say for positively if this functionality was there before I installed the lockpick or not. I just know that she's annoyed with having to manually change it and she says it was adjusting automatically before.

Anyone know if it should be or if theirs changed after installing the lockpick?
mickeymeanie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2010, 05:52 PM   #35
motor_car
2010 JK Wrangler 

yes, it should auto dim
motor_car is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2010, 10:55 AM   #36
mickeymeanie
2011 JK Wrangler 

Well dang, I just tried the nav in motion and it is not working. I dont believe there was anything special I needed to do in order to activate this feature...am I missing something?

So far the wife is not impressed...i need to get the camera installed, that ought to help with that...
Unread 12-06-2010, 09:57 AM   #37
rxjoe
2011 JK Wrangler 

My nav in motion isn't working either. I did the update over the weekend. It did seem to clear up the camera image and I now have video in motion. I really wanted the nav in motion I will email them today.
Unread 12-06-2010, 03:17 PM   #38
creativepush
2011 JK Wrangler 

Just installed and updated to the latest firmware this weekend and I don't have nav in motion either. My auto dim does not work now either
creativepush is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2010, 10:54 AM   #39
creativepush
2011 JK Wrangler 

I spoke with coastal e tech and they were aware of the nav in motion problem but not about the auto dim problem. I read this post before I installed lockpick and I checked for the auto dim problem when I first hooked it up and I swear it worked...then I unplugged lockpick to move it to another location and put everything back together...now auto dim doesn't work. Anyone else have any info?
Unread 12-16-2010, 10:34 AM   #40
rxjoe
2011 JK Wrangler 

I emailed them today to see if they were working on another fix. My auto dim does not work either. Also, I have a rearview caemra sold by coastal and it only works half the time. anyone else have issues with this?
Unread 12-19-2010, 06:14 AM   #41
rubiwannabe
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Lockpick

So i finally got my CHR550 lockpick for my 2011 Rubicon, final cost..$389.00...unpacking and looking i see the USB port is missing something..no wait...its in there....just pushed in or bent down..so i open it up and push it back in place..ok..lets move on to the install....disassemble of the dash was easy, just as described on here....now for the controls...instructions were very vague..kind of learn while playing with it, i also got a microphone kit because i was told i would need it for the hands free and bluetooth...guess what...instructions say it wont unlock my radio...i can live with that......i guess....so the test drive.....yes nav in motion works, yes the steering wheel controls work....yes the DVD in motion works...until....you decide to make a turn,when ever i put the turn signal on the DVD screen disappears and goes back to the function screen. I called for help ,but it was a saturday....ill keep you posted
rubiwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2010, 01:12 PM   #42
mickeymeanie
2011 JK Wrangler 

I just loaded an update two days ago... Nav in motion now works.

Here's the strange thing, my wife said the auto dim for the screen had started working prior to me doing the update... guess what... now it doesn't work again!!! Ugh!!

The other thing I just noticed today is that the Nav system speedometer is not working (where it shows your speed based on GPS). I know this was working before I installed the lockpick originally, however I'm not sure at what point it stopped working as I never thought to look at it previously. Anyone else have this issue?

Will be sending Coastal an email today letting them know...
Unread 12-24-2010, 07:55 AM   #43
creativepush
2011 JK Wrangler 

After speaking with Coastal about the auto dim issue a couple of times they pointed out that if you have your instrument panel lights turned all the way up that the radio ignores the auto dim feature....they were right! Check to see if you've got those lights clicked into the highest position...

I can also confirm that the gps speedometer does not work (reads 0 mph) after the 1.9 update. It does not seem to affect the ETA feature though.
Unread 12-24-2010, 10:47 AM   #44
rxjoe
2011 JK Wrangler 

Now we're getting somewhere! I will try the auto dim interior light suggestion, I've been waiting for a call back from them for a week. They said it will be after the holidays.

For the speedometer issue....my thoughts are that in order for the dvd and nav in motion to work the vehicle has to think that it is in park. The lockpick works by making the vehicle believe that it is. If you follow the instructions of changing the in motion functions to manual (hold down the uconnect button in the dvd mode for 7 seconds and then you have to use the power button twice to turn the nav/video in motion on ) the speedometer works while you have the functions off. I'm not sure they can avoid the issue as the logic behind the lockpick is "tricking" the vehicle. You can call them and ask but i think this will be your answer.

I just hope the auto dim works with your suggestion.
Unread 12-24-2010, 12:43 PM   #45
mickeymeanie
2011 JK Wrangler 

Awesome! The auto dim works! It was set on the click after the part where you can dim the lights... turned it back that click and voila...

That makes sense RXJoe on the speedometer... actually it's okay as my wife had been using that to tell me to slow down because it turns red when you exceed the posted speedlimit! We'll see what they come back with, if anything. I would hope they would at least note that the functionality will be lost so you are not left guessing if there is an issue beyond that...

Tags
dash removal , JK Wrangler , lockpick , mygig , radio removal , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.