2011 Dash Removal + Lockpick + camera - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2011 Dash Removal + Lockpick + camera

Artec JK Under Armor BellypanEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 10-27-2010, 08:03 AM   #1
rxjoe
2011 JK Wrangler 

2011 Dash Removal + Lockpick + camera

I installed the lockpick in my 2011 and as stated in another thread it is not compatible for the 2011 yet. They are working on an update that should be out in 2 weeks.

Anyway, I thought I'd share the steps to remove the dash as I had to do it through trial and error.

First you have to remove a total of 4 screws. The panel under the steering wheel just pulls off to expose 2 of these screws. The third screw is behind the power window panel in the center of the dash. (If you dont have power windows I think its just a cubby) Remove this panel by pulling out to expose the third screw. The 4th screw is under the plastic mat in the console on top of the dash.

Once you remove these 4 screws the dash just pulls off. You have to unclip the power supply to the power window panel in order to remove the dash.
The screws have the hex head so a socket set is necessary.

Had the lockpick installed in about 15 minutes even with finding the screws the hard way.

I just ran the camera wire under the console to the drivers seat then across and under the trim to the rear. Haven't mounted the camera yet still trying to decide the best place.

rxjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2010, 11:02 AM   #2
mickeymeanie
2011 JK Wrangler 

Awesome!! Sounds simple enough! Thanks for posting this!
mickeymeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2010, 03:14 PM   #3
Stugen

Ive been reading a lot about this lockpick but no post really goes into detail about it. So Im going to wing this out there...

What is lockpick exactly?
Stugen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2010, 03:34 PM   #4
rxjoe
2011 JK Wrangler 

It is a plug and play deivce that enables many functions that are not available with the factory settings. Such video showing on the front screen while in motion, input of addressess to the nav while in motion, adds audio video in/out for entertainment mods, provides powers sources for different things, easy bluetooth setup etc look it up online
Unread 10-27-2010, 04:13 PM   #5
Stugen

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxjoe View Post
It is a plug and play deivce that enables many functions that are not available with the factory settings. Such video showing on the front screen while in motion, input of addressess to the nav while in motion, adds audio video in/out for entertainment mods, provides powers sources for different things, easy bluetooth setup etc look it up online
Just looked it up, Pretty cool stuff.

Only other question I have is does it throw a code or is there any way a dealer would know you put one on if you took it off for service?
Unread 10-27-2010, 05:12 PM   #6
rxjoe
2011 JK Wrangler 

I'm not 100 percent sure on this but I dont think so. I had one in my 2008 tahoe and had it in for service for an electrical probelm with the rear seat and they never said anything. I even cut a couple wire for that one. This unite is strictly plug and play.
Unread 10-27-2010, 05:16 PM   #7
Stugen

Quote:
I'm not 100 percent sure on this but I dont think so. I had one in my 2008 tahoe and had it in for service for an electrical probelm with the rear seat and they never said anything. I even cut a couple wire for that one. This unite is strictly plug and play.
Cool, thanks for the info. If anyone has any more knowledge on it let me know please, Thanks!
Unread 10-28-2010, 07:27 PM   #8
TestDummy
Jeep Geek

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I installed the lockpick in my 2011 and as stated in another thread it is not compatible for the 2011 yet. They are working on an update that should be out in 2 weeks.
Which head unit do you have? RHB(430N)?
Unread 10-28-2010, 07:46 PM   #9
rxjoe
2011 JK Wrangler 

yes why any insight?
Unread 10-30-2010, 08:36 PM   #10
dlporter
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
The third screw is behind the power window panel in the center of the dash. (If you dont have power windows I think its just a cubby) Remove this panel by pulling out to expose the third screw.
How did you pull off the power window switch panel. It's in there really tight, and I don't want to break anything trying to pull it out. How did you do it?
dlporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2010, 01:12 PM   #11
rxjoe
2011 JK Wrangler 

Just pulled hard. I dont remember it being that hard.
Unread 11-06-2010, 08:05 PM   #12
nmroper

rxjoe, i just installed the lockpick onto an 2011 RHB into a 2008 jeep JK. Everthing is unlocked and working except for the nav on motion. What functionality didn't you have?
nmroper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2010, 10:18 PM   #13
Dronac
2008 JK Wrangler 

Anyone know how to pull the dash on a 07-10 model?
Dronac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2010, 10:32 PM   #14
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dronac View Post
Anyone know how to pull the dash on a 07-10 model?
There's a write-up in the F.A.Q.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f20/d...w-pics-996992/

99% of Your JK Questions will be Answered Here
JK F.A.Q./WILL IT RUB and Popular Threads

Protect Our Rights to Freedom and the Environment
Visit the EnviroBeat
JLC08JK is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2010, 10:45 PM   #15
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

This thread just added to the F.A.Q. as well.

99% of Your JK Questions will be Answered Here
JK F.A.Q./WILL IT RUB and Popular Threads

Protect Our Rights to Freedom and the Environment
Visit the EnviroBeat
JLC08JK is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash removal , JK Wrangler , lockpick , mygig , radio removal , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.