2011 Blue Ox Base PLate - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2011 Blue Ox Base PLate

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 10-05-2010, 02:00 PM   #1
dbritsch
2011 JK Wrangler 

2011 Blue Ox Base PLate

Does anyone know if jeep made any changes from 2010 to 2011 on the front bumper mounts. I talked to Blue Ox and they have not installed a base plate (for towing) on any 2011 wranglers. I would think that the 2007-2010 base plate should fit the 2011 any opinions??

dbritsch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2010, 02:31 PM   #2
LarryGrant
2008 JK Wrangler 

bring yours there for them to use yours as a test and get it free
LarryGrant is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2010, 06:44 AM   #3
dbritsch
2011 JK Wrangler 

Thats what they said! Only problen is that they are in Nebraska and I am in Utah. A bit of a drive for a $350 dollar part.
Unread 10-06-2010, 06:04 PM   #4
txdutt
2009 JK Wrangler 

I know there was some change for the base plate install onto 2010's from the 07-09's (same plate just some mounting differences). Hard to imagine something else on the frame would change again to the 11's....
txdutt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2010, 07:07 PM   #5
TestDummy
Jeep Geek

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdutt View Post
I know there was some change for the base plate install onto 2010's from the 07-09's (same plate just some mounting differences). Hard to imagine something else on the frame would change again to the 11's....
I agree. Find a place that will let you return it if it doesn't fit. You should be able to confirm it will fit without taking the bumper off or marking up the baseplate. I just took off the factory bumper on a 2011 and replaced with one from LoD (with Blue Ox tabs added as a custom mod) and everything went according to 2010 and prior instructions. I had the 2010 Blue Ox baseplate install instructions printed to use and compare to others I'd seen on-line and I didn't see any differences. Only issues might be if the holes in the side of the frame rails have moved, as it wasn't necessary to use those on the bumper install.
Unread 10-07-2010, 06:20 AM   #6
dbritsch
2011 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for the replys. The main issue would probably be hole position, and it sounds like it should not be a problem.
Unread 10-07-2010, 05:07 PM   #7
SoonerYJ
2011 JK Wrangler 

I just installed a Rock Hard full length bumper and Warn Power Plant on my 2011 and had no issues with fitment.

The only part I've installed that didn't fit correctly is Rugged Ridge rear slush mats, they're way too small.

2011 Flame Red Rubicon (2-Door) with every option.
SoonerYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.