Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

2010 soft top on 2012

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  redrubi1 
#1 ·
I have a 2010 JKUR with automatic and thinking of trading it in for a 2012 JKUR with manual. Ordered a Sierra4x4 trailer a while back and know it wont be that great on the freeway with 2010 auto. I have used a HF 4x8 hauling stuff around here and there and notice on the freeway even a small trailer makes a big difference. Figured a new one with a bit more power and a manual would be much better for towing an off road trailer.

Does anyone know if the 2010 soft top will fit the 2012. My 2010 had dual top and i was thinking of getting the 2012 hardtop only and using my 2010 soft top on it. I figured trading it in with both tops will not get more in the trade to offset getting a new 2012 with dual top.

I went to the dealer to try and get the part numbers off a 2012 with soft top but all that were in stock were hard tops only. When i looked about 2 months before, the 2010 (mine) compared to a 2011 & 2012 on the dealer lot all look to have the exact same cable style soft top. Any info or part numbers would be great.

#3 ·
I have the plastic door surrounds and all of the other soft top parts. The only parts which look like i need to take off the jeep are the soft top bow brackets which are mounted to the rear section of the roll bars. This is the only part which looks like i need in order to make all my soft top parts to work on the 2012. Am i missing any other permanent mounted soft top parts?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.