2010 Sahara or Rubicon - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2010 Sahara or Rubicon

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 09-30-2009, 02:25 PM   #1
Jeratbp

2010 Sahara or Rubicon

today we stopped at our local Jeep dealer. Both are black, the Sahara had the 2 tone with khaki. The Sahara has the Navi, and the Rubicon has the remote start. Both have the Dual tops. Stickers: Sahara $34k and Rubicon $36k.

Suggestions? Thoughts? HELP!!!!

Jeratbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2009, 02:31 PM   #2
RchyRch650
2008 JK Wrangler 

RUBI!!

i love mine
RchyRch650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2009, 02:33 PM   #3
dstephns
2008 JK Wrangler 

Rubi but then I'm a little prejudiced.
dstephns is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2009, 02:34 PM   #4
09WRANGLER
2009 JK Wrangler 

I think it really depends on what you plan on using it for... If you do not plan to go off-road, there is no point of getting a Rubicon.... ( my opinion ) If you are going to go off-road a lot, the Rubi is the best there is in a stock form... But again even if you plan to do mild off-roading the sahara is really good to and you would save 2 grand, and 2000 $ is enough to get a remote start, a small lift and maybe some better tires

And you get the navigation !!!!

So my opinion is if hardcore off-roading is not in your plans, go with sahara, thats what I did and I love it !!!!

hope this helps
09WRANGLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2009, 02:52 PM   #5
DBA2GO
2008 JK Wrangler 

It's not the $2K that will break the bank. It's the modifications that come later.

Get the Rubi & enjoy.

Or get a Sahara & enjoy.
Unread 09-30-2009, 04:23 PM   #6
20181c
2009 JK Wrangler 

The Rubi, it is my DD
Unread 09-30-2009, 04:28 PM   #7
08BlueSahara
2008 JK Wrangler 

Is this now the going $$$$$?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeratbp View Post
Sahara $34k and Rubicon $36k.
To me, that seems awful steep $$ for those rigs.

The 2K spread between the two is pretty small. When I bought, there was about a $5500 spread between a Sahara and Rubi. My 08 2-door Sahara with most options was 23.5K after discount. It was heavily discounted because it was on the dealer lot for too long.

If your question is which of those 2 only, I would go Rubi for the extra heavy duty items. I understand the 2010s are just out and there may be a shortage, but that seems like premium $$ your paying for either one you listed.

My

08BlueSahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2009, 05:48 PM   #8
faticone
2009 JK Wrangler 

obviously the rub!
Unread 09-30-2009, 05:52 PM   #9
Slippery
2009 JK Wrangler 

Ask over on JKowners.com where you can get a lot of advice from guys driving them.
Unread 09-30-2009, 06:05 PM   #10
waterboarder
2007 JK Wrangler 

Honestly - if you have to ask which one you should get, then the cheaper one is the way to go. It is unlikely that someone who doesn't understand the differences between the two is really going to benefit from getting a Rubicon, so just save your money.

It is also unlikely that anyone on here is going to suggest you get the Sahara over the Rubicon.....

(:
waterboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2009, 06:38 PM   #11
daggo66
2009 JK Wrangler 

Which one do you like better? To me the nav is a non-issue since you can get one for $150. They have some obvious styling differences. Silver bumper insert and painted fenders on the Sahara and 18 inch wheels. The rubicon has black fenders and BF Goodrich tires. Buy the one that looks better to you.
Unread 09-30-2009, 06:51 PM   #12
DeepSky
2007 JK Wrangler 

Get the Rubicon. All the extra (very useful things) you get with the Rubi make it worth the extra 2k. Plus, if you're financing whats another 2k really do to your monthly payment?
Unread 09-30-2009, 07:07 PM   #13
Jeratbp

thanks everyone for your advice. I'm figuring the Rubicon is the winner, just waiting for the right color. Black is ok but not my first choice. Thanks
Unread 09-30-2009, 07:11 PM   #14
chickenhawk7
2007 JK Wrangler 

I have a Sahara and have been modding it and getting it to where I want it to be. This is my first Jeep and I really didn't know the difference b/n a Sahara, Rubicon or an X when I bought mine. The Sahara had everythying that I wanted on it. Now that I am getting into some wheeling, I wish I would have bought a Rubicon. I don't regret buying a Sahara, but I just wish I had done a little more research at the time I purchased.
chickenhawk7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2009, 07:42 PM   #15
Blu-Jacket
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeratbp View Post
thanks everyone for your advice. I'm figuring the Rubicon is the winner, just waiting for the right color. Black is ok but not my first choice. Thanks
if you are going to go the rubicon route, why not look for an 09. the discounts are better and i know in the midwest there were quite a few silver and whites ones on dealer lots. as well as orange and blue. i kinda preferred black so i ended up driving 120 miles to pick up an 09. you can do a distance search on jeep.com and see what's out there after you build it with options.........
Blu-Jacket is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.