2010 JK needs new tranny at 7000 miles!!! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2010 JK needs new tranny at 7000 miles!!!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-03-2010, 09:12 AM   #16
JUPITERSAHARA
2010 JK Wrangler 

Finally got my Jeep back!! They replaced the entire automatic transmission assembly! The old tranny was on the verge of welding the gears together....

4 speed Automatic
Stock....for now!!!
JUPITERSAHARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2010, 09:13 AM   #17
JUPITERSAHARA
2010 JK Wrangler 

I also got some brand new KC 100watt Slim Lights...think I'll windshield hinge mount them!
4 speed Automatic
Stock....for now!!!
JUPITERSAHARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2010, 09:27 AM   #18
RogueStatus
2013 JK Wrangler 

dude i feel you, however i have a manual 08 X..its been nothing buy trouble since the day i bought it, only 19k miles on it (got it brand new 2 years ago) and now the transmission is making a realllllyyy high-pitched whining noise, and the dealership said "oh, we can't hear anything it must be you" even though every one of my friends can hear it, along with my parents..and it waset there before so i know its a new noise/problem...im just waiting for it to completely fail since they said they can't hear anything, then i'll let them deal with the problem. its been documented in the computer and i have paperwork to prove it if they try and say i didn't bring it in to have it looked at
Unread 06-03-2010, 12:04 PM   #19
Prot
Gold Member

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueStatus View Post
dude i feel you, however i have a manual 08 X..its been nothing buy trouble since the day i bought it, only 19k miles on it (got it brand new 2 years ago) and now the transmission is making a realllllyyy high-pitched whining noise, and the dealership said "oh, we can't hear anything it must be you" even though every one of my friends can hear it, along with my parents..and it waset there before so i know its a new noise/problem...im just waiting for it to completely fail since they said they can't hear anything, then i'll let them deal with the problem. its been documented in the computer and i have paperwork to prove it if they try and say i didn't bring it in to have it looked at
When I was having brake trouble, I went to Jeep's website on the section for owners and found a toll free number to call and open up a case. Once my case was opened, they called the dealer and told them to replace the master cylinder. Problem solved. It sounds like you need to do what I did. You are not by any means at the mercy of a dealer, even though they would like you to believe it.
Unread 06-03-2010, 01:51 PM   #20
Alea_Iacta_Est
2010 JK Wrangler 

Defective parts just happen, no amount of quality control in the world changes that fact. Sure, you get less overall, but SOMEONE out there is going to be stuck with it no matter what. Just be glad that you got it fixed under warranty and that you got a new tranny that's 7,000 miles younger! That's a PRO in the end, dude.
Alea_Iacta_Est is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.