2010 Islander 4 door Future Build Automatic Trans - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2010 Islander 4 door Future Build Automatic Trans

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!KOR Labor Week Sale and Giveaway

Unread 11-22-2011, 10:10 AM   #1
997s4ken

2010 Islander 4 door Future Build Automatic Trans

Hey all, soo I've been putting together a budget and have about 5K that I can use by this summer. I havent been to eager to do anything because of the minimal off roading I do plus I really want to use up the stock KM1's no need to have two sets of tires in Southern California.

This is my laundry list please feel free to let me know where Im off or ok.

Rock Krawler 2.5 Max Travel System or PRO System Aluminum?
I have the stock Rubicon shocks, should I upgrade to the Bilstein, Old man EMU's?

Goodyear Duratracs 33" I know, I know 35's, but I very much doubt I will ever do 35's, I prefer 33's for my daily driving. I wont be doing any diamond runs anytime this year or next to be perfectly honest, but will definitely off-road.

Pro Comp 7105 17x8, or 17x9, seems the consensus is 17x8 with a 285 tire

Re-Gear 4.88 or 5.13, seems the consensus is for a 5.13 for auto trans, but for a 35" tire.

Superchips tuner for SURE!

Leveling Kit - Which One?

Rear Tire Carrier - AEV for Sure!

Next year I will be doing front and rear bumpers, rock rails, and maybe dare I say it a winch.

What do you guys think, my budget is somewhat limited for this year, but this is what I would like to do.

997s4ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2011, 10:27 AM   #2
8figgas
2008 JK Wrangler 

If you don't plan on any/not much offroading, why the RK 2.5? Just go with a simple leveling kit being that your only going 33"s. Tire carrier?..For what? And for gears, 4.56 and a FlashPaq.
Your wish list seems to be overkill, when you plan on not using it...My $.02
Unread 11-22-2011, 10:46 AM   #3
jstrubberg
2009 JK Wrangler 

I agree on the lift, not needed unless you are rock crawling and need the additional flex.

Gears, I would go with the 4.88s if you don't plan on going to 35s.

Rear tire carrier is TOATALLY unnecessary. If you want it for looks, that's your call but you don't need it at all.

Take the savings on the lift and the tire carrier and buy a bumper or that winch.
jstrubberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2011, 11:11 AM   #4
997s4ken

Appreciate the comments. I will definitely be rock crawling, but wont be able to do it every weekend, maybe once a month or every other month, fracking work and all. I want to be prepared for unforseen situations. I dont want to be cut with my pants down when Im on a trail or out with other Jeepers.

Seems that I've read on other post that people were having issue going with a bigger size tire and using the stock carrier. Again dont want to be unprepared. If the stock carrier is bullet proof for 33"'s then that would be awesome.
Unread 11-22-2011, 11:15 AM   #5
jstrubberg
2009 JK Wrangler 

With a 35" tire, the stock carrier is a problem for some folks. I've never seen anyone have trouble with the stock carrier and a 33.

Bulletproof? Nah, it's plastic. Still does the job for most folks, though.
jstrubberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2011, 02:29 PM   #6
997s4ken

Ha! Plastic, right about that. Thanks.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.