2008 Wrangler X (Soft Top Question) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2008 Wrangler X (Soft Top Question)

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-01-2008, 10:26 AM   #1
SkampDiddy

2008 Wrangler X (Soft Top Question)

Sorry I don't know if this is the write section of the forum or not. But basically I had a freedom top for my jeep but no soft top. Do I need a 2008 Wrangler X Soft Top or will other ones fit? For instance someone near me is selling a 2000 Jeep TJ soft top (2 Door as well). Will that fit? Any help would be great, thanks.

SkampDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2008, 11:04 AM   #2
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

the 2000 TJ soft top will not fit as a TJ is way different than a JK. You don't need it for an X. All you need is a soft top for a 2007-2008 JK two door. There are two types available. One is a sunrider and the other is regular.
Unread 05-01-2008, 11:27 AM   #3
martinez
2010 KK Liberty 

If it's between the 2 - get the sunrider. It's quick and simple. like a giant sunroof
martinez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2008, 11:30 AM   #4
masterwacker
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Just a F.Y.I. but the Bestop supertops and the sunriders are on backorder for about 2-3 more weeks. They are just finishing up production.
Paul
masterwacker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2008, 11:42 AM   #5
sethco
2008 JK Wrangler 

check craigslist and ebay they usually have some that bought the duel top and only wanted the hard top and are selling soft top.

http://zoneoffroad.com/bad-to-the-bone?feat=34
sethco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2008, 11:06 AM   #6
SkampDiddy

Alternate Option

Would the Jeep Sun Bonnet Combo Kit
(Includes Sun Bonnet, Tonneau Cover & Windscreen) be an appropriate alternate instead of getting a Soft Top? Does anyone know how this works? Like mentioned above I have the freedom top, but no soft top. Do the two front panels of the freedom top need to be on for the sun bonnet to be attached? Any info would be great, thanks.
SkampDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.