2008 Sahara electrical problem, I think. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2008 Sahara electrical problem, I think.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 07-20-2012, 05:03 PM   #1
alpinevend
1989 YJ Wrangler 

2008 Sahara electrical problem, I think.

I hope someone has heard of this problem, and may have a solution. We have a 2008 Wrangler Sahara, over the last couple of months, maybe three or four times the MyGig/ Nav would not come on, along with the windows not working and a couple of other electical things not working.

I would pull out the key, re-insert the key and start the jeep and then everything worked fine. Two weeks ago, the same thing happened in the morning, in the afternoon my wife could not get the jeep to start. She was out of town, she got some help from a mechanic to get it started. All he did was jiggle the steering wheel, and jiggle the shifter, and bam it started and she drove it home. 100 mile drive, the Nav and windows did not work.

When she got home, I went out and tryed to start it, but no luck. I jigged the shifter and was supprised to find out that I could move it from park to reverse, netral, drive, anything I wanted to without even the key in it.

I was puting a new battery in the vehicle anyway, so I put it in that night and the jeep started right up. I thought I solved the problem, however two days later, it was the same thing again, won't start, we can move the shifter with out the key in the ignition.

Took it to the dealer, four days ago, they put in a 'module' that comunicates between the key and the vehicle. I was told there was no comunication so the computer is alowing these things to happen. $500.00 and four days later, it is back in the shop, they are trying to figure it out. They have talked to the factory, they say everyone is stumped.

They gave us a loaner car, so it is not an inconveniance for us, however the loaner is a PT Cruiser with there logos all over it. Any ideas out there? has anyone had or has heard of this happening? Please help, I am desterate, I can't drive a PT all weekend.

Thanks,
Larry

alpinevend is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2008 jk , electrical issue , intermittent , shifter

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.