2008 JKUR MyGig 730n RER Frustrations - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2008 JKUR MyGig 730n RER Frustrations

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LinePoison Spyder JK Evap Skid

Unread 04-03-2013, 11:30 AM   #1
krayJK
2008 JK Wrangler 

2008 JKUR MyGig 730n RER Frustrations

I bought my Jeep earlier this year (used obviously) and have never been able to pair any phone with it via bluetooth. They just dont see the HU. It has the 730n RER Navi system in it with the little mic on the a-pillar. The "pair" button in the system menu is grayed out but it does give me the pair option through VR. It 100% fails everytime. I've tried apple/htc/samsung/blackberry phones. None work.

I've exhausted myself searching and researching for weeks. I've even gone to the dealer. I've tried updating to the newest software several times. No one can tell me whats wrong or if it's even supposed to work.

Am I supposed to be able to pair a phone? I have an iphone 4s. :

krayJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2013, 06:29 AM   #2
stratusdodge

I realize this thread is old, but I'm having the exact same problem. The PAIR button is greyed out and pairing fails through voice commands as well.

When you took it to the dealer, did they do a StarScan? I'm thinking this is what needs to be done but I'm not sure. I've tried just about everything except for this.

There's a few threads floating around the web with the same issue, but the only solution so far is to get a new head unit.
stratusdodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2013, 11:02 AM   #3
AEVBrute

I had the same year Jeep with the same year head unit and when the 4s came out I could not pair it, the dealer had to do an update to the software. You can look at the version you have on the same screen as you see the gracenotes, etc.
AEVBrute is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.