2008 Jeep JK automatic won't stay in drive and selector lever binding - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2008 Jeep JK automatic won't stay in drive and selector lever binding

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 09-08-2014, 03:34 PM   #1
bamah
1990 YJ Wrangler 

2008 Jeep JK automatic won't stay in drive and selector lever binding

Hi Guys,
Last night my wife's 2008 JK auto would not shift from reverse into drive. It can be held into drive and driven. That's how I got it in the driveway. Feels like the linkage is binding. Will not proceed to lower gears 1 and 2 at all. Reverse, park and neutral all good. No obvious broken plastic in the shifter. Linkage looks good. This ever happen to anyone?

I did a search an only the lock out shows up.

bamah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2014, 03:36 PM   #2
Jodyblip
2012 JK Wrangler 

I had a dime get in there before I kept change right in the cubby in front of the shifter and it wouldn't allow me to put it in park I had to dig the dime out if you keep the change in that spot you might try to look and see if you can locate any wedged change
Jodyblip is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2014, 04:54 PM   #3
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

Does the (right thumb) button on the shifter work ?

Is the shifter handle loose "

JIMBO
JIMBOX is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.