2007 Wrangler X with a Dana 44 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2007 Wrangler X with a Dana 44

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineWe have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplieJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wd

Unread 01-09-2007, 09:54 PM   #1
julietkilo
2003 TJ Wrangler 

2007 Wrangler X with a Dana 44

I stopped by the local dealer here and looked at a new shiny red Wrangler they had on the lot. It was an X model and I was just chilling in the driver seat checking things out. I looked over at the new window sticker and something caught my eye. DANA 44!!! I hopped out of the Jeep and ran around to get a closer look through the window where the new build sheet/sales sticker was. In plain day it said 4.10 Gear, Dana 44, Trac-Loc upgrade - 245 Dollars

My mouth dropped. I could not believe what I just read. I went behind the Jeep and looked under the rear of the chassis. Sure enough in all its glory a beefy Dana 44.

The shocker is... I cant find this option on the Jeep website when I try and build a X model Wrangler. How in the world do you get this option?

I guess since they got rid of the Sport and SE, you can now order an X model with a Dana 44, but you cant find it on the Jeep.com site.

julietkilo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2007, 09:57 PM   #2
SecondTJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Dana 44 is standard with the 6-speed manual, regardless of trim level

it's included in the tow package if it has an Auto

'99 Z28 M6, some goodies
'94 'Vette, A4 all stock
SecondTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2007, 09:59 PM   #3
julietkilo
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondTJ
Dana 44 is standard with the 6-speed manual

it's included in the tow package if it has an Auto
It was an auto and you still cant find it on Jeep.com as an option as it was stated in the window sticker.
Unread 01-09-2007, 10:06 PM   #4
Angryitch

Actually it should be $295.... That's what my window sticker (6-speed) claimed and I just did it on Jeep.com with auto and came up with the same thing...
Unread 01-09-2007, 10:12 PM   #5
julietkilo
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angryitch
Actually it should be $295.... That's what my window sticker (6-speed) claimed and I just did it on Jeep.com with auto and came up with the same thing...
I found it... You have to change the X Package type to the second one to allow you to have those options. My fault... Still that is a great deal for an axle. 295 bucks is cheap!!!
Unread 01-09-2007, 10:17 PM   #6
Angryitch

Uhmmm, Sorry, I configured on Jeep.com using an Unlimited X, like mine... You mentioned the X model and retrying the build sheet with specs you mentioned didn't work.... Hell, go buy it!

Last edited by Angryitch; 01-09-2007 at 10:39 PM..
Angryitch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2007, 10:20 PM   #7
julietkilo
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angryitch
Uhmmm, Sorry, I configured on Jeep.com using an Unlimited X, like mine... You mentioned just the X model and retrying the build sheet with specs you mentioned didn't work.... Hell, go buy it!
Read my last post I edited it...
Unread 01-10-2007, 04:53 PM   #8
JayDLT
2007 JK Wrangler 

I got that option with my automatic, I just got lucky I guess, My dealer got me this Jeep, and I didn't even know it had that option untill he drove it up from the other dealer.
JayDLT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2007, 04:57 PM   #9
Kyoseki
Inconceivable!

All unlimiteds use the 44, it's only the vanilla 2 door auto that comes with the 35.
Unread 01-10-2007, 05:18 PM   #10
Modshack

Either the Tow package OR the trac-lok gets the Dana 44. This is specified when you do the tow option, but was a surprise to me on the trac-loc......Not mentioned anywhere on the Jeep configurator. I was pleased!
Yeah, I'm a Junkie...

Mods: [URL="http://public.fotki.com/ttschwing/jeep-stuff/"]http://public.fotki.com/ttschwing/jeep-stuff/[/URL]
Modshack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2007, 11:40 AM   #11
scottyc
2007 JK Wrangler 

When you equip & price on Jeep.com, there is the option for Trac-Lok Limited Slip Rear Differential. The mouseover details for that option state, "Next Generation Dana 44 Heavy Duty Rear Axle"

Seems pretty clear to me.
scottyc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2007, 04:51 PM   #12
unlimitedgrizz

sure it is! it comes w/the tow package and or (s)package.
i just ordered mine, no frill's just dual tops and the tow package. i cant wait for it to get here!
unlimitedgrizz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2007, 04:45 AM   #13
2K1TJ

They will all get the D44's in the rear now. There are no more d35's.
2K1TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2007, 07:57 PM   #14
glenn west

dana 44 in 6spd.

The difference is ths stock 6spd. dana 44 comes with 3.21 gears,and for your $295 upgrade you got the 4.10's.I wish I had but at the time the only Jeep Green(my favorite color by far) x model for sale had 3.21's, but 4.10's are definitly planned!
glenn west is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2007, 08:16 PM   #15
bryans98tj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Took my buddy to go get his 07 X w/ a D44. I was surprised to see all the Xs with a D44. I finally saw ONE with a D35 and was surrpised. The new D35 has a metal fill plug rather then the old rubber plug. Now you will actually know what you are looking at to tell the difference.
bryans98tj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.