2007 Wrangler X - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2007 Wrangler X

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-01-2013, 02:05 PM   #1
midnight

2007 Wrangler X

I am about to travel several hundred kilometres to view a Jeep in my area tommorow. It is a 2007 Jeep Wrangler X with 95000 kms (60000 miles ) It has a soft top , pretty much stock. Needs a good cleaning has a trailer hitch and upgraded tires. It has a clean inspection report ( e-mailed to me as well as several pictures ) and my cost based on a test drive is $9800 Cdn. I have not seen a JK for under 13 grand in my area ever, and i am hoping this turns out to be a good deal. Any advice, thoughts, opinions would be appreciated before i make the trek out to view the Jeep. I live in Vancouver, B.C and the Jk is out in the interior of B.C. thanks so much in advance....i am planning to to pick up the jeep on Monday.....It's a private sale.
P.S. I owned a Jeep Tj in 1997 for a while but didn't keep it...half doors, 4 cylinder ( underpowered ) and was originally looking for another tj because of the affordability factor and came across the ad for the JK....The ad has only been up one day and it makes sense for me to upgrade to a Jk...will mostly use it in the summer. i have rented the new JK's in Mexico on vacation and absolutely love the ride......Thanks again.

midnight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2013, 05:28 PM   #2
JoonHoss
2011 JK Wrangler 

That is the cheapest JK i've ever seen even listed, enough to make me leery of it.

That said; nothing ventured, nothing gained!

Good Luck

Hoss

Don't mind me, I'm just another FNG around here...
JoonHoss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2013, 01:30 AM   #3
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Some of the early 2007 JK came with a Dana 35 rear axle before they changed to Dana 44 as standard equipment in the rear, Dana 30 was always standard for the front.
I wouldn't make the D35 rear a deal breaker if the Jeep is in good shape otherwise, as you can replace with a take off D44 if you have problems or choose to upgrade in the future.

This thread has the chart that shows the difference between D35 and D44 axles > http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/rear-axel-897222/

Good luck with your deal
JLC08JK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2013, 09:54 AM   #4
JoonHoss
2011 JK Wrangler 

Another thought; it's not 2WD, is it?

Hoss

Unread 12-03-2013, 01:38 PM   #5
JoonHoss
2011 JK Wrangler 

We'll, any updates?

Hoss

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.