JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   JK Wrangler Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/)
-   -   2007 Wrangler Bucking Problems (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/2007-wrangler-bucking-problems-1546922/)

JYAR 07-09-2013 10:54 AM

2007 Wrangler Bucking Problems

I have a 07 Wrangler, it is my first Jeep and I got it used a couple of weeks ago. It's great and I love it! It's a 6 speed and I'm still getting used to driving a standard and especially on a truck. The only problem I'm noticing is when I'm parking in a parking spot (flat surface) when I turn the Jeep off and have the E-Brake up it starts to buck when i release my feet off the break and clutch. It's only happened in parking lots and not in my driveway because I always back into my driveway and I typically drive into parking spots. When the bucking has happened I have it in first gear, my feet are on the clutch and break and I pull the E-Brake up. I might be doing something wrong cause I'm still getting used to the stick shift and I'm definitely not a pro. Thanks guys for your time and I really appreciate it! :)

RockyClymer 07-09-2013 11:10 AM

It's a jeep, not a truck. Sounds like you may be letting off the clutch when the motor is still turning over? Try putting it into neutral and then setting the parking brake, and after it has stopped, then in gear if you need to.

RogueStatus 07-10-2013 07:59 AM

like ^ said, are you leaving it in gear and releasing the clutch while its still running? You can't do that haha... Needs to be in neutral before you can release the clutch.

---- one foot on brake, one on clutch
---- put jeep in neutral with foot still on brake and clutch
---- remove foot from clutch while other foot is on brake still
---- pull e-brake
---- turn jeep off and put it back into gear if you need to

brianjw 07-10-2013 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RogueStatus
like ^ said, are you leaving it in gear and releasing the clutch while its still running? You can't do that haha... Needs to be in neutral before you can release the clutch.

---- one foot on brake, one on clutch
---- put jeep in neutral with foot still on brake and clutch
---- remove foot from clutch while other foot is on brake still
---- pull e-brake
---- turn jeep off and put it back into gear if you need to

You don't have to make it complicated. Drive into your spot with the trans in gear. Depress the clutch pedal as your stopping. Turn key off. Release clutch pedal after the engine is stopped.

RogueStatus 07-10-2013 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brianjw (Post 15661453)
You don't have to make it complicated. Drive into your spot with the trans in gear. Depress the clutch pedal as your stopping. Turn key off. Release clutch pedal after the engine is stopped.

not sure how that was complicated at all? maybe if you can't read english or have a learning deficit but it was the most straight forward and explained process for someone who is learning.

brianjw 07-10-2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RogueStatus

not sure how that was complicated at all? maybe if you can't read english or have a learning deficit but it was the most straight forward and explained process for someone who is learning.

Lol. Ok dick. You don't have to put it in nuetral and let out the clutch to shut it off, just to put it back in gear again after you shut it off. That's what I was getting at. Just leave it in gear with the clutch pedal depressed and turn it off.

Helldorado Customs 07-11-2013 11:15 AM

It seems to me that the newer jeeps with the electronic throttle take longer to start AND stop. While it's obvious that your letting the clutch out before it's off....it probably isn't you specifically as much as it is your not used to something taking so long to shut down. I've had 6 Jeeps starting with the 95 YJ and none of them take as long to shut down as the JK. Just hold your foot on the clutch a bit longer until you don't hear the engine anymore. Cheers to your first jeep ! :highfive:

The time now is 06:16 PM.