2007 Jeep Wrangler 4 Door EPA mileage - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2007 Jeep Wrangler 4 Door EPA mileage

THE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 08-24-2006, 09:41 PM   #16
zband
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cab76
Here are some thoughts/mini-rant:

1) It seems to me that Jeep made a good choice with the 3.8. It is more fuel efficient than the 4.0, relatively cheap, reliable (and tested from service in the minivans), and appears to have good low-midrange power charcteristics. I would also love to see a diesel in the JK (and would not be surprised to see that or a V8 as an option for the Unlimited in a year or two), but I think the 3.8 is a better choice (considering cost) than any other gas engine that Jeep currently offers.
The 3.8 gets better fuel mileage but all of that disappears with the extra weight of the wrangler. What I care about is the MPG at the end. DC knew this prior to the first 3.8 ever put into the 07.

Quote:
Jeep did not make these changes because they wanted to increase the trail-worthiness of the Jeep as a first priority with increased fuel economy as a lower priority.
Indeed adding power windows, Electronic stability control and 2WD certainly add to the 07's priority number one - off road prowess.

cab78, I do however, agree with you about the diesel option. I dont mean to sound harsh but being a Jeep enthusiasts site we must look at the '07 as a result of business decisions. In other words, how can "we sell the most cars to the most people to maximize profits". If Jeep really listened to is customer base there would have been a diesel option in it a long time ago. Unfortunately, its all about the bottom line or competition (read : the upcoming H4). Combine that news with todays GM announcement of "light duty diesel " slated for GM's line of SUV under 8000 lbs (clicky) and I'll bet you'll have results faster than a million letters asking for the same thing.

zband is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2006, 12:29 AM   #17
cab76
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zband
The 3.8 gets better fuel mileage but all of that disappears with the extra weight of the wrangler. What I care about is the MPG at the end. DC knew this prior to the first 3.8 ever put into the 07.
Actually it doesn't all disappear there are at least 1-2 mpg gains in the 3.8 JK - if you put the 4.0 I6 into the JK it would get worse mpg, probably worse than the TJ due to the weight, especially in the city.

Quote:
Indeed adding power windows, Electronic stability control and 2WD certainly add to the 07's priority number one - off road prowess.
None of these options (and that is what they are, options - you don't have to buy power windows or 2WD and stability control can be turned off completely) decrease the off road prowess of the JK. So, I guess to be most accurate, Jeep's number one priority is increasing sales of the Wrangler (by broadening its appeal), while keeping the off-road image intact (because it anchors the rest of the Jeep line). They did that by improving the off-road specifications (beefing up axles, increasing ground clearance, disconnecting sway bar option, much better departure angles, etc .), modernizing the appearance, and offering more creature comforts and safety features (power windows, side airbags, stability control, better seats, etc.).
cab76 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.