2007 Battery Cable Connections - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2007 Battery Cable Connections

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-10-2013, 01:58 PM   #1
seito107

2007 Battery Cable Connections

Hi All -

I'm new to posting on this jeep forum but have searched for quite a while to find where the battery cables go behind the engine. I've located all up to the split where one branch goes to the alternator and the other goes behind the engine. It splits again and I think I've found the driver's side branch, but it is covered by some insulation. My two questions:

1. Where is the passenger side branch (black cable) connected to behind the engine?
2. If I remove the insulation over the driver's side cable (red cable), what is the best way to reattach? It looks like it's held in by staples, but not sure...

I appreciate any assistance. I am fairly new to doing my own repairs, and decided to just buy a new harness from onsalejeepparts.com and just need a bit of help with the above. Thanks for the help!

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X

seito107 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2013, 02:02 PM   #2
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Help us help you by letting us know what you are trying to accomplish. Welcome to the forum.
"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe criminals will follow gun laws."
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
RockyClymer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2013, 02:30 PM   #3
seito107

Thanks for the reply. I realize I didn't really get to the point. I am replacing the battery cable harness (part # 560514599AC) and have located all of the connections except 1 behind the engine. Once I locate that and determine how to put the cover back on the other, I will take the old harness off and replace it with the new cable harness I just bought.

Let me know if you need more info.
Unread 08-10-2013, 03:10 PM   #4
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

That is exactly what needed to know. I do not know the answer but I bet someone on here knows.
"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe criminals will follow gun laws."
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
RockyClymer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2013, 08:59 PM   #5
jmb6420
Engr. & Mechanic

2008 JK Wrangler 

The ground cable goes from the battery negative terminal to behind the engine on the bellhousing (engine ground). There is another cable from the same terminal that goes to front passenger fender(body ground).
08 Rubicon Red Jeep Club #629

"You can't fix stupid" Ron White

¡ɹǝʌo ǝɯ dıןɟ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
jmb6420 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2013, 10:05 AM   #6
seito107

Best way to access?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmb6420 View Post
The ground cable goes from the battery negative terminal to behind the engine on the bellhousing (engine ground). There is another cable from the same terminal that goes to front passenger fender(body ground).
Thanks for the replies. I'm guessing the best way (or only way) to access is from underneath, correct? I will take a look again to see if I can locate the body ground you mentioned...I think that is the one I haven't found yet.

Also, has anyone removed the cover on the bellhousing? It looks like it uses staples, but can't imagine staples working well on metal....
Unread 08-12-2013, 01:21 PM   #7
jimk403
2009 JK Wrangler 

One end of the negative can be found on the rear driver side of the engine. If you crawl under and look up between the exhaust and block, behind a heat shield you should find it. I just bent the heat shield out far enough to get a wrench on the bolt, then bent it back when done.
Unread 08-12-2013, 03:15 PM   #8
seito107

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimk403 View Post
One end of the negative can be found on the rear driver side of the engine. If you crawl under and look up between the exhaust and block, behind a heat shield you should find it. I just bent the heat shield out far enough to get a wrench on the bolt, then bent it back when done.
Thanks! I'll try that. Your response (as well as others) have been most helpful.
Unread 08-12-2013, 05:35 PM   #9
duneslider
2007 JK Wrangler 

There are several grounds on the passenger side of the engine right on the block. I honestly don't remember the negative cable from the battery when I replaced my engine. I remember the grounds all on one stud on the block of the engine on the passenger side though.
duneslider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2013, 01:46 PM   #10
jimk403
2009 JK Wrangler 

I crawled under the JK today to double check, and sure enough it's on the passenger side of the block. Sorry.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.