20,000 mile check up questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 20,000 mile check up questions

Hella Items Priced to Move Sale - Work Lamps, Indicator LiSave on Selected Dynomax Exhaust Systems!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread Yesterday, 03:20 PM   #1
Mlarv
2014 JK Wrangler 

20,000 mile check up questions

well my wifes JKU just went over 20,000 miles. What I am wondering is

1 is there a cabin filter to change out. I searched and found out how to add one

2 How many Zerks to grease and is there someplace that shows where they are

I keep the hinges etc lubed the air filter clean etc. Besides a front end alignment and tire rotation what else should I check.

Thanks

Unread Yesterday, 04:15 PM   #2
ronjenx
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

If still stock, you won't find any zerks.

Everything to check is outlined in the owner's manual.
Unread Yesterday, 04:37 PM   #3
Mlarv
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjenx
If still stock, you won't find any zerks. Everything to check is outlined in the owner's manual.
Thanks my wife went to the dealer yesterday and they have Her a list of what needed to be done and of course the cost. I read it and figured I could do it all myself for a few bucks.
Unread Yesterday, 04:40 PM   #4
ronjenx
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlarv View Post
Thanks my wife went to the dealer yesterday and they have Her a list of what needed to be done and of course the cost. I read it and figured I could do it all myself for a few bucks.
I'll bet there are at least a few expensive things on the dealer's list that don't actually need doing.
Unread Yesterday, 05:41 PM   #5
Mlarv
2014 JK Wrangler 

Yup the one that comes to mind is greasing all the zerks. I just got the owners man out and it says to change the cabin filter and make sure the oil has been changed. I have a BIL that works at a auto shop so the front end alignment and tire rotation are almost done for free. So I guess I just saved almost $200 bucks. Time for a beer while I change the cabin filter.

I hate not having grease able joints I guess if we keep it after the lease I will be doing some modding. Thanks again

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.