2 order or not 2 order... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2 order or not 2 order...

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 12-24-2006, 02:59 PM   #1
BIGNUTT
1997 TJ Wrangler 

2 order or not 2 order...

Okay first I am buying myself an "I beat cancer" present next year an 08 JK 2-door Rubicon. I plan to getting one with just an automatic, locking gas cap and tinted windows as options.

My problem is I will need to sell my XJ to get the Jeep. I realize I'll probably need to order the JK cause most around here are loaded out. So I am just wondering how long is it taking (if everything is smooth sailing and zero hold ups) to get your Rubicon from order to the dealer? I am trying to figure on when I'd need to try to sell my XJ....which this may be a pickle since its my DD.

Or

Since I am getting the Mercedes Benz employee discount (5% under invoice) and I am told any emplyee's order or want becomes a 1st priority. So I was told they HAVE to pretty much get me the Jeep I want even if its 800 miles away. So I figure I could sell my Jeep and then have the dealer find the Jeep like I want, which might be hard, but I am sure it could be found within hundreds of miles I would think. It would just have extra miles on it and all.

What would you do?

Proud to be a Christian
BIGNUTT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-24-2006, 03:01 PM   #2
fraynes1

I can't answer your question about your ordering decision.

I do want to congratulate you on beating the big "C" .....nasty stuff

Take care and enjoy your gift to yourself you deserve it!!
Unread 12-24-2006, 03:47 PM   #3
famicom21

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraynes1
I can't answer your question about your ordering decision.

I do want to congratulate you on beating the big "C" .....nasty stuff

Take care and enjoy your gift to yourself you deserve it!!
x2. wish i coul dhelp you with your ordering Q though
Unread 12-24-2006, 04:05 PM   #4
JK_Jeep
2007 JK Wrangler 

Long live YOU,

Order now and try to sell the XJ on Craigslist. www.craigslist.com

Go all out, get the JK Rubicon
JK_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-24-2006, 04:27 PM   #5
BIGNUTT
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK_Jeep
Long live YOU,

Order now and try to sell the XJ on Craigslist. www.craigslist.com

Go all out, get the JK Rubicon
Well I want to wait for the 08s and yeah I am getting a 2-door Rubicon in silver

Then RE 3.5" and 35s

Proud to be a Christian
BIGNUTT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-24-2006, 11:06 PM   #6
paulp575
2007 JK Wrangler 

Re: 2 order or not 2 order...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGNUTT
Okay first I am buying myself an "I beat cancer" present next year an 08 JK 2-door Rubicon. I plan to getting one with just an automatic, locking gas cap and tinted windows as options.

My problem is I will need to sell my XJ to get the Jeep. I realize I'll probably need to order the JK cause most around here are loaded out. So I am just wondering how long is it taking (if everything is smooth sailing and zero hold ups) to get your Rubicon from order to the dealer? I am trying to figure on when I'd need to try to sell my XJ....which this may be a pickle since its my DD.

Or

Since I am getting the Mercedes Benz employee discount (5% under invoice) and I am told any emplyee's order or want becomes a 1st priority. So I was told they HAVE to pretty much get me the Jeep I want even if its 800 miles away. So I figure I could sell my Jeep and then have the dealer find the Jeep like I want, which might be hard, but I am sure it could be found within hundreds of miles I would think. It would just have extra miles on it and all.

What would you do?
You are in nearly the same boat I'm in. Although I do not currently have a Jeep, I will be purchasing an 07 Rubicon 2-door, probably in the March - May time frame. I've been meeting/discussing/talking with the local Jeep dealer and he has had a couple in (one 4-door came in last Friday night and was sold by noon Saturday!), but they are already pre-sold and he can't get his hand on a "off-road test" model because of that. During the last meeting with him, I asked about how long it would take. While I don't remember his exact words, he said that due to the few options I want I'd probably have to order one, which is actually good because orders go to the front of the assembly line rather than fitting into the normal flow. Which means I'd get mine much faster if ordered!

Hope this helps,

Paul.

PS. Did you see the Feb 2007 issue of Four Wheeler???? Rubicons took first and second place in their annual "Four Wheeler of the Year" award!
paulp575 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-25-2006, 12:55 AM   #7
jdrogers
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulp575
... During the last meeting with him, I asked about how long it would take. While I don't remember his exact words, he said that due to the few options I want I'd probably have to order one, which is actually good because orders go to the front of the assembly line rather than fitting into the normal flow. Which means I'd get mine much faster if ordered! ...
Ahhh... no they don't go to the front of the assembly line. They go through like any other allocation that your dealer has (or doesn't have ).

It seems the only thing a "sold" order does different is gets shipped ahead of a stock order, if there is a shortage of shipping space on the rail car or truck.

If they went to the "front of the line", every dealer would say they had a sold order to get around the current backlog.
jdrogers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-26-2006, 02:03 PM   #8
JayDLT
2007 JK Wrangler 

I don't know about you, but when I make a large purchase, I like to have it RIGHT NOW!. I found a dealer that sells at invoice, told them what I wanted, they found it and got it in 24 hrs. I did not mind that it had an extra 150 miles on it. You gotta do whats right for you, if you have patience, order it exactly like you want, and get it with 2.8 miles on it.

Congrats on beating the big C
JayDLT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.