2" Lift Drive Shaft question - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2" Lift Drive Shaft question

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 10-17-2010, 02:29 PM   #16
BlueLesPaul2006
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aristobrat View Post
Bolts right on. The only "issue" I had was that the exhaust in my JK sits a little lower than most at the cross-over part, which caused a rattle. Rock Hard sent me a shim to address that.
does it come with good instructions? pics and all. Im not sure what to remove. I see a cross bar but would not think you should take that off.

Dang, all this time and I thought it was the famous Jeep Wave!! ~bluegrassguitar
BlueLesPaul2006 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2010, 02:44 PM   #17
djkbooth
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeinminn View Post
I think I read somewhere that there is no difference between the 2 and 4 doors (with regard to this issue)because the driveshaft that causes the trouble is the front one...thus no difference in length or placement. My 2.5" lift didn't cause contact until I corrected the geometry using a trackbar relocation/reinforcement bracket. Then it was only on extreme left droop articulation while discoed.
4 door here with 4 inch no rub at full articulation, I cant see a 2 inch rip the boot
djkbooth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2010, 03:03 PM   #18
aristobrat
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLesPaul2006 View Post
does it come with good instructions? pics and all. Im not sure what to remove. I see a cross bar but would not think you should take that off.
The included instructions were OK, but this write-up is what I kept referring back to:
Rockhard Oilpan/Combo Skid

Quote:
Originally Posted by djkbooth View Post
4 door here with 4 inch no rub at full articulation, I cant see a 2 inch rip the boot
Automatic transmission?
aristobrat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2010, 06:58 PM   #19
djkbooth
2010 JK Wrangler 

Automatic transmission?[/QUOTE]

Yes 2010 auto rubicon
djkbooth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2010, 07:31 PM   #20
mikeinminn
2007 JK Wrangler 

There is more than one rub issue with the JK front driveshaft. The one that commonly rips the boot is the transmission oil pan. There is a spot that sticks out of the pan and aluminum flange that it attaches to that grabs the boot and the band that holds it on. There is also an issue with the trans skid plate but my 2.5" lift isn't enough to cause trouble. The last is the exhaust pipe. Again, with the exhaust, you'll likely never see a problem until the lift is way more than 2".
mikeinminn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2010, 09:32 PM   #21
BlueLesPaul2006
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeinminn View Post
There is more than one rub issue with the JK front driveshaft. The one that commonly rips the boot is the transmission oil pan. There is a spot that sticks out of the pan and aluminum flange that it attaches to that grabs the boot and the band that holds it on. There is also an issue with the trans skid plate but my 2.5" lift isn't enough to cause trouble. The last is the exhaust pipe. Again, with the exhaust, you'll likely never see a problem until the lift is way more than 2".
I guess I will just have to try it out and see what happens. If it rips then I will know. lol

Dang, all this time and I thought it was the famous Jeep Wave!! ~bluegrassguitar
BlueLesPaul2006 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2010, 08:37 AM   #22
mikeinminn
2007 JK Wrangler 

I suspect that you'll be fine....especially with no adjustments to the trackbar.
mikeinminn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2010, 08:22 PM   #23
jpg0511
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I have been running a Zone 3in for a year and have had no problems with the stock drive shafts in my 2 door auto. And it has seen some tough trails that fully flexed out the suspension. If the boot gets torn then I will worry about replacements.
92 XJ 6 1/2 RC lift plus 2in BB, 35x12.5 Mud Rovers m/ts Aussie front D30 and Powertrax locker C8.25 rear, Rusty HD steering, RC control arm drop brackets, Nates rear bumper, HD SYE, YJ brake lines, Transfer skid plate, Nates slim line front bumper, Smittybilt XRC-8 winch, converted A/C to onboard air, Rino lined Floor boards
06 TJ stock gone
08 JK Rubicon 3in Zone lift, 35x12.5x17KM2s 1.5 wheel spacers, Super Chips programmer
jpg0511 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
2" lift , drive shaft , lift , rubbing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.