2 inch lift - Shocks or no shocks?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2 inch lift - Shocks or no shocks??

GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-21-2008, 11:26 AM   #1
BuzzHog
2008 JK Wrangler 

2 inch lift - Shocks or no shocks??

The title says it...

I'm going to lift my Jeep a couple of inches... What;s the concensus on needing new shocks?? I'm just looking to do a spacer lift so spring rates will be the same... If I get a kit without shocks, should I go for one with shock extenders/adapters??

Thanks in advance...

BuzzHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2008, 11:37 AM   #2
.Jch.
2006 LJ Wrangler 

You'll want to get new shocks. Ride quality will drop significantly if you don't, plus its just not good for the shocks to basically be extended at all times.
[U]OllllllllO[/U][/B]
[SIZE="1"]2006 Unlimited[/SIZE][/CENTER][/SIZE]
[center][B]Black Jeep Club V2.0 Member #2006
[URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/LJ_Owners"]LJ Owners, join the group and click here.[/URL][/B][/center]
.Jch. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2008, 12:05 PM   #3
Grant211
2007 JK Wrangler 

get the shocks. I've read where people would actually be at full shock extension by just going over a speedbump.
Unread 03-24-2008, 11:09 PM   #4
kubwa_jim
2007 JK Wrangler 

I took mine to Colorado last summer with a two inch BB. Had no problems. Ride did not change. I am going to get longer shocks (for the sake of wheel travel), but after 18K miles I can tell you that if your budget requires it, you can wait and be just fine.
Unread 03-25-2008, 05:01 AM   #5
UTAH

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubwa_jim View Post
I took mine to Colorado last summer with a two inch BB. Had no problems. Ride did not change. I am going to get longer shocks (for the sake of wheel travel), but after 18K miles I can tell you that if your budget requires it, you can wait and be just fine.
I agree. Initially, I was going to get new shocks as soon as my 2" bb was on. But, after driving it for a year without the new shocks, I don't see the need. Yeah, I do top out the shocks on some dips but it's not as bad as I thought it'd be and my ride quality is still very good. I figure I'll kill the stock shocks at some point anyway and then I'll go with longer shocks.

Bill
Unread 03-25-2008, 03:58 PM   #6
Labrador
2008 JK Wrangler 

I'm ordering new shocks next week. I have the Rough Country BB with adapters, it ride's the same as stock on the road, but if you gonna wheel it, get the longet shocks...

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.