2 door jk sliders steps and bumpers - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2 door jk sliders steps and bumpers

Great prices on seating!--Oconee Off-RoadTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion Kit

Unread 11-04-2013, 10:49 AM   #16
jeepwrnglr92
2013 JK Wrangler 

ya very easy. now i am just trying to find a price and place to order them...

Unread 11-04-2013, 04:02 PM   #17
nicholasburr
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwrnglr92
ya very easy. now i am just trying to find a price and place to order them...
buy them through Jason at krawl offroad. He's on hear, just pm him. Super easy
nicholasburr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2013, 05:47 AM   #18
jeepwrnglr92
2013 JK Wrangler 

great i will look him up
Unread 11-06-2013, 08:47 AM   #19
jeepwrnglr92
2013 JK Wrangler 

Sent Jason a pm last night. Waiting to hearback. But I did google their site and found them. Looks like 300 and change for a set for the 2 door for the bolt on ones. They look nice.

Now to drop hints for xmas to the wife Leaving the various catalogs around the house with sticky notes on pages and highlighted items
Unread 11-06-2013, 11:41 AM   #20
bhoch
2012 JK Wrangler 

Jason is at SEMA this week - so it make take him a day or three to get back to you..
bhoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 11:00 AM   #21
jeepwrnglr92
2013 JK Wrangler 

I just order my ACE sliders. Looking fwd to getting them.
Jason was good to talk to.

I'll report back when I get them and install them.
Unread 11-13-2013, 12:23 PM   #22
R3dRid3r
2013 JK Wrangler 

I just installed them last Sat on my new Jeep.

I don't have enough posts to post a pic but I love them!

Jason took care of me.
R3dRid3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 12:26 PM   #23
Original_Junior

I was sold on these until I started to hear all the issues guys were having with the little retaining ring within the bolt hole on the 2012 through current MY Wranglers. It seems to be a growing trend of guys having to cut into their bodies to fish out that ring or replace the body mount bolt nut due to it breaking loose while installing the ACE sliders. I am ready to pull the trigger on these but the idea of a 50/50 chance of having to cut into the body of my new Jeep is causing me to look at other options. I have also seen some threads where guys are stating the body mount bolts are too short to add on these rails safely. Is there validity to these stories?
Original_Junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 01:34 PM   #24
jeepsnmopars
2012 JK Wrangler 

On my '12 I loosened the bolts with a breaker bar then zipped them out and back in with my impact. I then final tightened them by hand as well. No issues. Half hour job including grinding the washers.
jk-front.jpeg

jeepsnmopars is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 02:08 PM   #25
R3dRid3r
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original_Junior View Post
I was sold on these until I started to hear all the issues guys were having with the little retaining ring within the bolt hole on the 2012 through current MY Wranglers. It seems to be a growing trend of guys having to cut into their bodies to fish out that ring or replace the body mount bolt nut due to it breaking loose while installing the ACE sliders. I am ready to pull the trigger on these but the idea of a 50/50 chance of having to cut into the body of my new Jeep is causing me to look at other options. I have also seen some threads where guys are stating the body mount bolts are too short to add on these rails safely. Is there validity to these stories?
I removed and installed each bolt by hand. I did use a grinder to dress the washers. I didn't have any problems except that 2 of the 4 bolts didn't want to come out without a bit of pressure from a lever [big screw driver] prying it down/out after it was fully loose.

I tested each side by standing on it after installation.

I'd buy them again.

Fully satisfied.

John
R3dRid3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 03:12 PM   #26
jeepwrnglr92
2013 JK Wrangler 

That's interesting about the bolts. Maybe Jason will post something but I never heard of that issue in my searches.
Still looking fwd to getting them
Unread 11-20-2013, 01:42 PM   #27
jeepwrnglr92
2013 JK Wrangler 

So Fedx says they delivers my new steps today. Cannot wait to get home and have a look. I want to get them on the truck before wife comes home tomorrow to see if she notices
She wont care but she does not pay attention to things like that. If not then bumpers or wheels next
Unread 11-20-2013, 02:05 PM   #28
HappyTrails
Registered Voter w/ID

2008 JK Wrangler 

I so badly want to get these Ace rock sliders. Christmas is just around the corner, time to leave colored Post-It notes on catalogs around the home. LOL!
Maybe I'll change my Safari home page to a page with the Ace rock sliders, just in case the wife needs to use my lap top.
Re-inventing the circle and straight line.
HappyTrails is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 04:42 PM   #29
MyJKU14
14JKUOrange

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_88Jeep View Post
I installed a set of Genright rocker guards on my 4-door JK. They have a 2-door version as well. I like these because they have inner structure to keep from crushing and a nice big smooth surface to help slide over objects (rocks, trees etc.). They weren't cheap, but worth every penny in my book. They ship in RAW steel so you'll need to have them sandblasted and powder coated once you get them. They turned out NICE though! Took my buddy and I about a day to install (we went slow and drank beer).
How do those do when it's icy/snowy? I'm looking for side steps and so far the only ones I've seen that have a grip that would stand a chance in icy conditions. I've slipped a few times getting in and out of helicopters because of the type of railing on them. In CO, as in BC I imagine, snow is inevitable and I don't wanna bust my A$$ getting in and out of my new JKU.

Colorado Jeep Club #281

Past Jeeps: '02 WJ Overland, '02 WJ Limited, '08 KK Sport
MyJKU14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 07:05 PM   #30
Repauli1
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_Katie View Post

How do those do when it's icy/snowy? I'm looking for side steps and so far the only ones I've seen that have a grip that would stand a chance in icy conditions. I've slipped a few times getting in and out of helicopters because of the type of railing on them. In CO, as in BC I imagine, snow is inevitable and I don't wanna bust my A$$ getting in and out of my new JKU.
They are intended to push your jeep off trees, rocks etc. Ace probably not good choice for step up. I have seen some with builtin steps. Smitty Built was one, seen others too. Mine are to protect Jeep.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.