2 Door easy entry lever on passenger seat - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 07-25-2010, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
Algonquin

2 Door easy entry lever on passenger seat

I tried to do a search but couldn't really find anything that matched my problem.. I have a 2009 2 Door JK that just turned a year old. About a month ago the seat stopped flipping forward and sliding ahead using the single lever. The dealer fixed it under warranty and then after 3 weeks it broke again. Another trip to the dealer and they say they can't fix it but will order a complet new seat frame, I was busy today so my wife took it in and did not check before leaving. Well tonight we try and pile in to go for a ride and it hasn't even been fixed, looks like it wasn't even touched. Well now it's strike three and I'm a little PO'd and at this point I don't even want to take it back to the dealer. Does anybody here no how I can fix this myself. You can still use the lever to flip the seat but then have to reach under and use the other lever to slide it ahead and when your hands are full the 1 step lever is so much more handy.. on a side note I had a 2001 TJ before this and absolutely loved it and I have to say the design of this newer seat is just terrible, the engineer should be flogged

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-25-2010, 03:30 PM
wilywillie
2008 JK Wrangler 

I'd try sitting in it, pulling the lever and easing the seat all the way back. Then, ease it up.
I had a similar problem (only one lever), and just had to reset the ratcheting mechanism.
"It's so crazy, it just might work"
post #3 of 7 Old 07-25-2010, 03:45 PM
kudah

your dealer apparently doesn't take their training from Chrysler. Your seat is most likely not broken.. only confused.

try this. using the under seat adjuster move the seat all the way back as far as it will go.

using the recline lever (on the seat bottom) move the seat back into the recline position as far as it will go

using the easy entry lever on the seat back, see if you can get the seat back to come forward and then push the seat back to move the seat all the way forward.

then push the seat back into the full recline position, should go without using any lever.

adjust the seat how you want it and then see if the easy entry lever works as it should.

the easy entry lever should only be used to get into the rear and the seat should always be pushed back into the position it was in before the easy entry lever is used. if you make another adjustment without returning the seat to the position it was in before the easy entry lever is used then the memory feature of the seat gets confused and the lever stops working properly.

you may have other issues... but Chrysler advises the Service advisor do this procedure before the technician even touches the seat.

in 2010 they went to one lever... i wish i had the 2 lever seat. it is better.

and.. welcome to the forum. enjoy your jeep!

Robert

post #4 of 7 Old 07-25-2010, 05:07 PM
MacK
2015 JK Wrangler 

Garage
Don't feel bad, my seat has broken two times so far. It doesn't lean backwards, so I'm stuck in one position... sigh. Before that the handle swiveled around in a circle. Oh, and after a few days it falls back down to the original position.

I don't want your d**n lemons! What the hell are these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!

Mango Tango 2010 JK Wrangler Rubicon
Silver 2000 TJ Wrangler Sport
---
Quote:
The 2008 Jeep Wrangler is not so much an SUV as it is an experience. It's slow and loud, handles poorly, has crummy interior materials and features doors that provide virtually no crash protection. But when it comes to off-road performance, the Wrangler is simply the best choice available.
post #5 of 7 Old 07-25-2010, 07:23 PM
daggo66
2009 JK Wrangler 

The same thing happened to mine and they had to order two parts. I don't remember exactly what they were, but I believe it was a cable and a track. It's worked fine ever since it was fixed.

Tom
post #6 of 7 Old 07-25-2010, 10:46 PM
MacK
2015 JK Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by daggo66 View Post
The same thing happened to mine and they had to order two parts. I don't remember exactly what they were, but I believe it was a cable and a track. It's worked fine ever since it was fixed.
Thanks for that info. Getting it fixed next week hopefully.

I don't want your d**n lemons! What the hell are these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!

Mango Tango 2010 JK Wrangler Rubicon
Silver 2000 TJ Wrangler Sport
---
Quote:
The 2008 Jeep Wrangler is not so much an SUV as it is an experience. It's slow and loud, handles poorly, has crummy interior materials and features doors that provide virtually no crash protection. But when it comes to off-road performance, the Wrangler is simply the best choice available.
post #7 of 7 Old 11-11-2013, 05:16 PM
NHtoCAjeep

Same problem but seat always in easy entry mode.

Having a similar problem with a broken easy entry lever except that it is almost always activated. I'll be driving and the seat will suddenly just activate the easy entry lever and the whole seat will pop forward. I'll push it back and lock it into place, again it will randomly pop forward.

I personally tried taking the levers off and taking a peak at what I could tinker with to fix the problem but it seems most of the parts are contained within the actual seat. Going to borrow my neighbors socket wrench set to take the seat out and see if I can't fiddle with it that way.

Any suggestions on what to look for/mess around with?

Tags
easy entry lever , JK Wrangler , seat adjustment , seat lever , seat pivot , seat sliders , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.