2.5" TeraFlex Budget Boost - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2.5" TeraFlex Budget Boost

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 09-26-2013, 10:44 AM   #1
JeepFlow69

2.5" TeraFlex Budget Boost

Strongly considering purchasing one of these for my JK and 35"x12.50r15 shortly after. Should i be worried about rubbing? I also plan on replacing the bumping with this http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep-jk-...mper-1054.html . Should I add a 1.25" body lift? Some reviews on the budget boosts and your guys experiences with it would be awesome Thanks

JeepFlow69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2013, 10:52 AM   #2
ROCKR8R
2008 JK Wrangler 

You can clear 35's with a 2.5" BB. Shouldn't need a body lift and actually I would advise against it and strongly against one over 1".

-Dan
ROCKR8R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2013, 11:11 AM   #3
JeepFlow69

Why would you advice against the body lift?
JeepFlow69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2013, 12:20 PM   #4
chiefkp
2013 JK Wrangler 

Ther is no need if you do the proper suspension lift. use that money you would have spent on both and get one good suspension lift that has enough clearence for the tires you want to run. I had a BB on mine with 35s and no rubbing. I am putting a BB in my New 2 door w/ 35s should not be a prob. Will post after installed if I rub but I should be ok.
Unread 09-26-2013, 12:22 PM   #5
ROCKR8R
2008 JK Wrangler 

JK’s don’t typically need body lifts. They can fit large tires with minimal lift with minimal trimming the larger tires you get. I guarantee you 2.5” will clear 35’s easy and if you desire more lift just change your suspension and do it right. You gain no up/down travel from a BL, just clearance for bigger tires.

Also they don’t make “gap guards” and relocation brackets for bumpers etc. for the JK. There will be a 1.25” gap between the body of your Jeep and your bumpers vs. a stock one or a suspension lifted one w/ no BL.

-Dan
ROCKR8R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2013, 12:47 PM   #6
SLADE
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKR8R View Post
JK’s don’t typically need body lifts. They can fit large tires with minimal lift with minimal trimming the larger tires you get. I guarantee you 2.5” will clear 35’s easy and if you desire more lift just change your suspension and do it right. You gain no up/down travel from a BL, just clearance for bigger tires.

You can gain suspension travel from using a body lift in combination with a suspension lift. The clearance they provide for larger tires means that less bump stop is required to clear a given tire size. Reducing the amount of extended bump stop needed will increase the amount of compression which also increases the total amount of suspension travel.

When gaining tire clearance with a suspension lift alone, you must completely rely on bump stops to increase tire clearance. Suspension lift alone does not increase tire clearance. By lifting the suspension 2.5" and then installing a 2.5" bump stop to keep the tires from rubbing you eliminate all the compression you could have gained from the lift and completely eliminate 2.5" of total suspension travel. Using a body lift, flat flares, or both will decrease the amount of bump stop that is needed which increases the amount of compression and overall suspension travel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKR8R View Post

Also they don’t make “gap guards” and relocation brackets for bumpers etc. for the JK. There will be a 1.25” gap between the body of your Jeep and your bumpers vs. a stock one or a suspension lifted one w/ no BL.

-Dan
This is also untrue. Rough country includes both a shifter correction bracket for the 6 speed to eliminate trimming and brackets to raise the rear bumper. The gap in the front isn't really noticeable, and it would be easy to hide the gap in the rear wheel well if it bothers you.
2001 Dodge Ram 2500
SLADE is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
jeep , lift , mud , mudding , opinions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.