2.5" Rough Country Spacer lift - confused - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2.5" Rough Country Spacer lift - confused

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 02-03-2013, 11:18 AM   #16
chrisguags
2008 JK Wrangler 

Everything went great. All finished and love the look and ride!!

image.jpg  
chrisguags is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 10:11 AM   #17
livelym

Looks great Chris! Did you go with the spacers?

4WheelParts just lifted my new Unlimited with ProComp Coil Springs (their #55399) and my great ride went south. I notice the old Rubicon springs had 8 coils and the new ones 11. Thinking about pulling the new springs and using the old springs with spacers.

Anyone have an opinion?
livelym is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 04:14 PM   #18
chrisguags
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by livelym
Looks great Chris! Did you go with the spacers?

4WheelParts just lifted my new Unlimited with ProComp Coil Springs (their #55399) and my great ride went south. I notice the old Rubicon springs had 8 coils and the new ones 11. Thinking about pulling the new springs and using the old springs with spacers.

Anyone have an opinion?
Yes I went with the RC 2.5" spacer lift. Also, I originally had wheel spacers on my stock wheels until I found a good deal on my tires! Got the wheels and tires mounted, took the wheel spacers off and I love it. The wheels are Level 8 Guardians off discounttiredirect and 315/75/R16 Goodyear Duractracs. I heard a lot of people say how the tire might not clear, it's too big, I need to regear blahblahblah...not necessary until later on down the road. I'm going to get an AEV programmer to adjust the shift points (I have an automatic) and that should leave me happy for a while.

All in all, I'm extremely satisfied and glad I did not go with a 33" tire. The 35"s are just right and the performance decrease is not bad.
If you can stuff a 35" tire under your lift, I highly suggest it over a 33.
Unread 03-02-2013, 04:05 PM   #19
bigwheels89
2011 WK 

chrisguags I'm getting an 08 2dr JK on Monday and wonder how you've gotten along with your lift and spacers so far? I want to do the exact same thing but keep my stock 17 inch wheels and tires for now. How hard is the lift install?
bigwheels89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2013, 10:20 PM   #20
chrisguags
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheels89 View Post
chrisguags I'm getting an 08 2dr JK on Monday and wonder how you've gotten along with your lift and spacers so far? I want to do the exact same thing but keep my stock 17 inch wheels and tires for now. How hard is the lift install?
Simple as can be. Watch some videos on youtube if you dont know what you're doing..they explain everything and provide a good visual. I have never gone underneath my truck until I put the lift on, nor am I automotive savvy whatsoever, and I can probably put the lift on a 2nd time without looking at the instructions. Its very straight forward.
If you're keeping your stock wheels when you put on the lift, you will need to get wheel spacers. I bought mine off Rough Country and ended up just selling them once I was done using them (got new wheels and tires).

Everything is still holding up great.
I might change the psi of the tires though. I have 35 psi..I think it might be too low considering these are E rated tires.

Only complaint is my breaks have started to squeak a little not really sure what to do about that.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.