2.5" RC BB ?? Basic kit or Series II kit ?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2.5" RC BB ?? Basic kit or Series II kit ??

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 03-15-2010, 09:57 AM   #1
fleck
2009 JK Wrangler 

2.5" RC BB ?? Basic kit or Series II kit ??

I am leaning strongly towards a 2.5" Rough Country BB for my 09 2dr auto Wrangler. I just was wondering which kit would be better ?? The basic one has spacers and shock extensions....while the other one comes with an extra bracket and 2 new extensions?? I have read on here that the 2.2 RC shocks ride rough.....so I do not want those...I will just use the extensions for now until the factory shocks wear out.

Thank you guys for all of your help =) This forum is awesome !!

Unread 03-15-2010, 12:10 PM   #2
fleck
2009 JK Wrangler 

Anybody ??? Please ??
Unread 03-15-2010, 12:18 PM   #3
BigMikeATL
2014 JK Wrangler 

I use the kit with the shock extensions. Mine rides exactly the same as it did stock.

You will also need to install a bracket to the rear brake line where it mounts to the frame. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/o...8/#post7910337

Install the rear sway bar end links on the front - they are the perfect size. Buy or make longer rear end links. I made my own - you can see them in My Build link in my sig.

That is really all you need. I bought a rear trackbar bracket but didn't end up needing it.
BigMikeATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2010, 12:26 PM   #4
MrOrange
2009 JK Wrangler 

you should contact Casanova4x4 on these boards. He gave me an incredible price on the Series II kit so I went that route.
5.13 gears, ARB front locker, Currie front shafts
Bushwacker flat flares, Rubicon rails with steps added
MrOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2010, 02:26 PM   #5
fleck
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMikeATL View Post
You will also need to install a bracket to the rear brake line where it mounts to the frame.
I saw the pic !! Thanks... I work in a sheet metal shop so I can make those...just wish I had the dimensions =(

Quote:
Install the rear sway bar end links on the front - they are the perfect size. Buy or make longer rear end links. I made my own - you can see them in My Build link in my sig.
Will the links that come in the series II kit work for the rear ??

Quote:
That is really all you need. I bought a rear trackbar bracket but didn't end up needing it.
Is that what the funky looking bracket in the series II kit is ?? (trackbar bracket)

Thanks BigMike !! Sorry so many questions..... The last lift I did was an RE 2" BB on my 2000 TJ. And a 4" lift on my old 1985 Chevy. I just don't want to mess up my brand new Jeep by forgetting a piece or something.... the other vehicles were old and I didn't have as much in them as I do this new Jeep !!!! It is my DD. So Thanks for any help you can give me =)
Unread 03-15-2010, 02:38 PM   #6
md41969
2008 JK Wrangler 

The brackets only need to be 2-3 inches long for the rear brake line. All it's doing is moving the mounting point down so when you flex it doesn't snap the line. I didn't use one with just the RC BB but added one when I put on new springs. Simply bought a framing strap and enlarged two of the holes, cost about $1.00.

The links in the series Ii kit are for the rear, you move the rears to the front.

The funny bracket is the rear track bar bracket, I used one.

You would be fine with just the standard kit but the series II just adds a few more pieces to it is all.
1995 Wrangler

White Jeep Club Member #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourbyFour View Post
"....you know what hurts the most, it's the lack of respect, that hurts the most.....and, and the the other thing hurts too, BUT not as much as the lack of respect..disgusting.."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob99 View Post
Your dog's head doesn't look like it belongs on his body. Is it an aftermarket head?
md41969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2010, 02:56 PM   #7
fleck
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by md41969 View Post
The brackets only need to be 2-3 inches long for the rear brake line. All it's doing is moving the mounting point down so when you flex it doesn't snap the line. I didn't use one with just the RC BB but added one when I put on new springs. Simply bought a framing strap and enlarged two of the holes, cost about $1.00.

The links in the series Ii kit are for the rear, you move the rears to the front.

The funny bracket is the rear track bar bracket, I used one.

You would be fine with just the standard kit but the series II just adds a few more pieces to it is all.
Ok Thanks... I'm planning on ordering the kit this week so Hope fully I can get my Jeep a little higher and setting a little more level

Thanks for the response !

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.