2.5 AEV lift questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2.5 AEV lift questions

Smittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 08-21-2013, 04:37 PM   #1
sean0168
2014 JK Wrangler 

2.5 AEV lift questions Track bar vs Drop bracket

I have a 2014 JKUR that is mostly a street truck/ weekend toy. I just added a 2.5 AEV lift and 35's with rims at 4.5 backspacing. Obviously I had the aliment checked and that is off no big deal to fix that but I was also told by the shop I need a front adjustable front track bar and that the jeep is dogtracking a bit. I went the the AEV site and they seem to be pushing the JK Geometry Correction Front Control Arm Drop Bracket. I have done some searching here on the forum and now I am thoroughly confused. Price is pretty similar either way but what is the better option? Thanks you in advance,

Last edited by sean0168; 08-21-2013 at 04:55 PM..
sean0168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2013, 06:23 PM   #2
AEVBrute

Read the first three sentences you wrote, alignment is off because the axle has shifted, track bar will fix that. Until it is fixed it will dog leg. You gave info and answered your own question along with the alignment guys input. Now simply fix it and down the road you are. Enjoy
AEVBrute is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2013, 07:28 PM   #3
ncb

The AEV brackets will correct the caster.

An adjustable track bar will center the axle.
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2013, 07:58 PM   #4
RyanE5
2012 JK Wrangler 

Let's see some pics of your lifted jeep, too.
Unread 08-21-2013, 08:18 PM   #5
brianjw
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncb
The AEV brackets will correct the caster.

An adjustable track bar will center the axle.
Yep.
Geo correction brackets and a synergy adjustable track bar with frame side brace and 911 suspension bolt kit would do wonders for you.
brianjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2013, 08:27 PM   #6
ncb

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjw

Yep.
Geo correction brackets and a synergy adjustable track bar with frame side brace and 911 suspension bolt kit would do wonders for you.
Plus Synergy drag link and tie rod.
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2013, 08:40 PM   #7
sean0168
2014 JK Wrangler 

Well I guess I will try the adjustable track bar from either rock crawler or synergy. Is there any major differences?
jk.jpg

Unread 08-21-2013, 08:52 PM   #8
sean0168
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncb View Post
Plus Synergy drag link and tie rod.
Aaa this went over my head. Can you explain what the frame side brace and 911 suspension bolt kit is? Im gonna start with the track bar and AEV Geo correction and see what it like after that
Unread 08-21-2013, 09:01 PM   #9
SoK66
1976 CJ5 

You should definitely get the control arm drop brackets. They will correct your caster, and provide a better ride by angle correcting the control arms. Looks like AEV leaves them out to keep the kit cost under $1,000. As for the track bar, I put one of these on a club member's JKUR and the axle was centered to within 1/4" side to side. Ideally you want it on the money, but if they put the supplied AEV rear bar & bracket on it shouldn't "dog track" at all with the axle that close to dead center.
SoK66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2013, 06:51 PM   #10
stephen28
2013 JK Wrangler 

i have the AEV 2.5" myself with 35s and i ran without the Geo correction brackets for about 4 months.. just put them on today and the difference is literally night and day! truck tracks straighter, steering is more precise, and less unpredictable when you hit a nice bump in the road.
Unread 08-22-2013, 07:14 PM   #11
TheBoss
2012 JK Wrangler 

Visit Synergy suspension.com and read up on the frame brace and sector shaft brace. The main difference in trackbar brands besides bushing material and joint type is compatability between joining the above parts with any other brand of trackbar.

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #690[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.