1st year issues? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 1st year issues?

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-22-2007, 06:54 PM   #16
DirtyJeepJK
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondTJ
search around, there are alot of problems out there. oil leaks, rods, water leak with the freedom top, i believe there was an abs recall, ecu needs to be reflashed because of the dash gauges going crazy.

If your really set on a Wrangler, and don't need it right now. I'd say wait until '08
that's a strong opinion for someone who doesn't seem to own one. myself and many others have been 100% happy with our trouble free Wranglers. i've been watching the JK forum for awhile and it seems to me that the problems were limited and lately i am seeing very few posts complaining about " bugs ". even the owners that are having trouble will still tell you not to wait to get one. in between trips to the Service departement , they are still a lot of fun.

DirtyJeepJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2007, 08:02 PM   #17
SecondTJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBADTRIPx
that's a strong opinion for someone who doesn't seem to own one. myself and many others have been 100% happy with our trouble free Wranglers. i've been watching the JK forum for awhile and it seems to me that the problems were limited and lately i am seeing very few posts complaining about " bugs ". even the owners that are having trouble will still tell you not to wait to get one. in between trips to the Service departement , they are still a lot of fun.
Just because there haven't been problems lately, doesn't mean they aren't out there. They aren't limited, if it was there would only be 1 or 2 issues, instead there are several. There was even one guy that works for Jeep on here saying that the amount of JKs coming in for service has been above normal. First year's have a history of having problems.

It's a first year vehicle, it happens.

If you are okay with having potential issues that is fine, but others should be made aware of them in case they don't want to deal with them.

Of course its still fun, its a Jeep.

'99 Z28 M6, some goodies
'94 'Vette, A4 all stock
SecondTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2007, 09:17 PM   #18
Bamoman
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
search around, there are alot of problems out there. oil leaks, rods, water leak with the freedom top, i believe there was an abs recall, ecu needs to be reflashed because of the dash gauges going crazy.

If your really set on a Wrangler, and don't need it right now. I'd say wait until '08
not one problem with mine and the only problem ive seen on this forum is the hard top leak which was fixxed a while back. embrace the change FirstJK

Auto|Sirius|Trac-lok Rear Diff |35 12.50 17 MT Radial MTZs| Pro Comp 1069 polished 17x9s|Teraflex 2.5 BB|3/4 Skyjacker leveling spacer
Trail Guide Nav|Amsteel Synthetic rope 100'|Shrockworks Alum Fairlead|Grab Handles x 4|Front Winch Bumper|Rear Bumper w Tire Carrier
Tow Grp|Shrockworks Rock Sliders|T-Max 9k Winch|Wireless Winch Remote|Roadboy Fog Lights
Unread 03-22-2007, 09:26 PM   #19
koheed
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamoman
the only problem ive seen on this forum is the hard top leak which was fixxed a while back
Look at the posts ahead of yours. Other JF members have had problems other than a leaky hard top.
4" SA Skyjacker/BDS Hybrid, 33" MT/R's
Jeeperman Front & Rear Swing-Away Bumpers
Skid Row Engine/Oil Skid, Kilby Steering Box Skid
Flowmaster 40
Herculiner
NEXT PROJECT: SYE and CV Drive Shaft
[URL="http://www.flickr.com/photos/27018750@N00/"]My Pics[/URL][/SIZE][/COLOR]
koheed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2007, 10:39 PM   #20
SecondTJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamoman
not one problem with mine and the only problem ive seen on this forum is the hard top leak which was fixxed a while back.
You obviously haven't been around very long.

A quick look back at the last couple pages turned up this

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/stall-bug-comments-391667/
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/hardtop-issue-389754/
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/smoked-seized-motor-brand-new-jk-rubi-390570/
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/5700-miles-2nd-rod-knock-389212/
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/potential-issue-350277/
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/leaky-axle-vent-tube-388663/

which includes 2 motors practically shot.

A list of all the TSB and recalls are here:
http://project-jk.com/index.php/?cat=20

A search would turn up even more, as that is a very small sample I pulled.

Its not problem free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJerm
I dont know about jeeps, yet, but i know Hyundai Tiburons and ill use them as my example.

They came out as the 2003 models with a new body style, engine, tranny, clutch, all of it. Well for yrs now people say the 03 Tib is plauged with premature clutch failurs, window motor failures, and other small electrical issues but all in all it was only the ones produced first in the 02' yr. Anything for the 03' Style Tiburon made in 03' has run just like any other yr Tib.
As with every vehicle it varies. The problems associated with Tibs was focused more on the 6-speeds, while the engine was not new (used used in Sonata, Santa Fe), nor the 5-speeds or autos.. It was the late build 01s, and early 02s that "had issues" with the clutches. I owned one that was built on 4/02, sold it at 52k and didn't have one problem with the clutch or transmission. But there were still many with ones built after 4/02 that complained of clutch failure.

Some will have problems, some will not. It's just better to make people aware of what they may potentially run into.

'99 Z28 M6, some goodies
'94 'Vette, A4 all stock
SecondTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2007, 09:15 AM   #21
11Years1YJ

You know what though....

I knew I was buying a first model year vehicle when I signed on. I weighed the consequences and I decided: (1) I was willing to put up with the bugs because this was the Jeep that I've always wanted and (2) this isn't the 1970s - the engineering, testing and fabrication is far more advanced at vehicle launch and the litany of problems that were protentially faced with a first-model-year vehicle a decade or two ago are not nearly as pervasive (in general).

I can't overstate how satisfied I am with my decision at this point.

11Years1YJ = 1994 Wrangler YJ for 11 excellent years
11Years1YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2007, 05:48 PM   #22
BirdsFanVa
2007 JK Wrangler 

I love mine too. Only problem I have experience is not having enough money to buy more cool stuff for it!

Sounds like SecondTJ is a little bitter. Just my opinion.

I remember when I had my CJ and the YJ's came out, Hated them! Hated the square headlights, wouldn't even look at one. Then I had to get the family 4wd as my family grew. Suddenly I was looking at every YJ on the road wishing I had one. It's a Jeep. I love the TJ and love the 2dr JK, however my life still needs some usable space behind the drivers seat, so I am very pleased that the JK 4dr option came around this year.
BirdsFanVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2007, 06:13 AM   #23
DShizzle
My daughter is SAXON

I am as happy as a monkey with a peanut machine..... .... ... ....
possible to pick up a turd by the clean end".
DShizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2007, 07:12 AM   #24
Scooterboy

Quote:

Some of us stay on the fence.................Some see the Glass as half full and others see it as half empty.

If you look hard enough you will find problems with anything.
Scooterboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.