1st year issues? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 1st year issues?

Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 03-17-2007, 05:35 AM   #1
KhakiSport03

1st year issues?

I may be lookin @ a 2007 Black on Black Sahara w/ hard-top, 6-speed. I know the 1st year of a new model isn't the best time to buy a car, especially w/ past problems jeep has had. does anyone know if there are any problems associated w/ the 07 wranglers?

KhakiSport03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2007, 06:20 AM   #2
KhakiSport03

also,
should I get this or a 07 liberty sport black auto
KhakiSport03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2007, 06:30 AM   #3
CNY
2000 TJ Wrangler 

The choice between a JK, and a Liberty is a big one.

Do you plan to take it off-road? Do you NEED the top-down functionality? If not, there's no real reason to put up with the many compromises of a Wrangler.

That said, my wife wants a JK, and plans to never take it (or let me take it ) off-road.
CNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2007, 06:35 AM   #4
DShizzle
My daughter is SAXON

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhakiSport03
also,
should I get this or a 07 liberty sport black auto

Get the JK.............I have had relatively no problems and absolutely no remorse.....Some people on here have had some issues (I have not had mine return to the dealer and hopefully I will not) but the ratio of happy owners would be extremely high.....IMO....
possible to pick up a turd by the clean end".
DShizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2007, 07:00 AM   #5
ScottCLE

I have no regrets...and I'm sure never will.

When I get the first maintenance done I need them to reprogram the computer a bit. I'm having the issue with my radio. It will power down then back on. It's tripped by various actions including pushing both power window buttons up at the same time. Others are harder to recreate. Sometimes when I turn off my headlights too fast or shift up to park it'll do it too.

Evidently it's an easy computer fix.

[url]http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h161/SScharm/ScottJeep.jpg[/url]
My baby the day we took her home!
ScottCLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2007, 07:01 AM   #6
JK_Jeep
2007 JK Wrangler 

I guess I will chime in,,,, 5700 miles on my JK and its at the dealer right now for its second rod knock.

First time they just did a crank kit at 2600 miles,,, now they want to do a short block.

I have not modified or beat this thing at all,,,,to scared to do so

IT'S A JEEP THING!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraexplorer
Thanks, if it is that good than I'm sure that they can't sell it in California. Everything else is illegal in this state except the illegalsl
JK_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2007, 09:30 AM   #7
SecondTJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

search around, there are alot of problems out there. oil leaks, rods, water leak with the freedom top, i believe there was an abs recall, ecu needs to be reflashed because of the dash gauges going crazy.

If your really set on a Wrangler, and don't need it right now. I'd say wait until '08

'99 Z28 M6, some goodies
'94 'Vette, A4 all stock
SecondTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2007, 08:37 AM   #8
infosponge

I have around 8000 miles on my JK, it was an early-ish build, and it's been very solid. No regrets here. We also have a Libby and I like both vehicles for different reasons.
infosponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2007, 09:16 AM   #9
BEAR40

The big thing is do you want Top Down & Doors off capability? If not, you do give up alot of comforts in a Wrangler vs a Liberty. If you want heated seats and a windshield that actually defrosts completely go with the Libby!

My $0.02

BEAR
BEAR40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2007, 10:20 AM   #10
BigJerm
2007 JK Wrangler 

yeah just wait a little bit and get the vin of jeep u want and find out manufacture date. I dont know about jeeps, yet, but i know Hyundai Tiburons and ill use them as my example.

They came out as the 2003 models with a new body style, engine, tranny, clutch, all of it. Well for yrs now people say the 03 Tib is plauged with premature clutch failurs, window motor failures, and other small electrical issues but all in all it was only the ones produced first in the 02' yr. Anything for the 03' Style Tiburon made in 03' has run just like any other yr Tib. So with the Jeeps im sure there are issues with the first produced jeeps. I havnt had any issues yet... but im only at 1500 miles
Unread 03-22-2007, 10:34 AM   #11
Rokitt

Mine is an early build date (10/06). I have had it for four almost 5 months now. No leaks or problems on any kind. No regrets
Rokitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2007, 10:46 AM   #12
11Years1YJ

I'm with Rokitt. I, too, have an early build (10/06). 6 spd Unlimited. Just turned 5K miles. It's been flashed and that's it. Had a Libby (Renegade). Nice, but different. I can fit more crap in the back of the JK than the Libby when the seats are down, and I could never fit my three young kids comfortably in the back seat of the Libby, whereas I can with the JK. IMO, similar prowess for both offroad, though for what its worth.

I should add... the number of issues for a first model year actually seem rather low to me. And, of course, message boards are generally the haven for issues rather than praises (and legitimately so... the best part of the boards is probably having the issues communicated so we don't think they're one-off or isolated occurrences...).

11Years1YJ = 1994 Wrangler YJ for 11 excellent years
11Years1YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2007, 10:55 AM   #13
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but to me a Liberty is more of a girl/woman's vehicle. It's probably more comfortable and more practical than the Wrangler, but to me it just lacks the ruggedness of the Wrangler. The JK Unlimited is a good compromise between practicality and fun. With any vehicle in any model year, regardless of year of introduction, there will be some that will be riddled with problems and others that are flawless. Unfortunately, you always hear about the ones with problems and never hear about the trouble free ones. It's kind of like the silent majority.
Prot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2007, 11:07 AM   #14
Rokitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Years1YJ
I'm with Rokitt. I, too, have an early build (10/06). 6 spd Unlimited. Just turned 5K miles. It's been flashed and that's it. Had a Libby (Renegade). Nice, but different. I can fit more crap in the back of the JK than the Libby when the seats are down, and I could never fit my three young kids comfortably in the back seat of the Libby, whereas I can with the JK. IMO, similar prowess for both offroad, though for what its worth.

I should add... the number of issues for a first model year actually seem rather low to me. And, of course, message boards are generally the haven for issues rather than praises (and legitimately so... the best part of the boards is probably having the issues communicated so we don't think they're one-off or isolated occurrences...).
Thats funny, I got rid of a black Libby Renegade to get the Wrangler !!
Rokitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2007, 12:00 PM   #15
BigJerm
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prot
I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but to me a Liberty is more of a girl/woman's vehicle. It's probably more comfortable and more practical than the Wrangler, but to me it just lacks the ruggedness of the Wrangler. The JK Unlimited is a good compromise between practicality and fun. With any vehicle in any model year, regardless of year of introduction, there will be some that will be riddled with problems and others that are flawless. Unfortunately, you always hear about the ones with problems and never hear about the trouble free ones. It's kind of like the silent majority.
hate to say it.... but im with u on that opinion of the Liberty. I like it, it looks cool, seems to function good, but looks kinda girly to me

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.