15" Alloy Rims W/ 35" tires on Lifted 2 Door (JK) Jeep Wrangler - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 15" Alloy Rims W/ 35" tires on Lifted 2 Door (JK) Jeep Wrangler

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 10-21-2014, 02:05 PM   #1
STEVEH003

15" Alloy Rims W/ 35" tires on Lifted 2 Door (JK) Jeep Wrangler

So heres my situation. When I bought my Jeep the aftermarket tires were 33" Toyo Open Country A/T (The originals) with 18" Rims (Makes no sense, Right?) Even though the Jeep is a rough ride I still like everything else about it. Since purchasing it I have installed a 2.5" Rubicon Express lift kit. Now I am looking to upgrade the tires and wheels.
I am moving to Denver in a month so I need a good all-terrain tire.
I am looking at the BFG 35x12.50x15
15x8 or 15x10 Level 8 Tracker Alloy full matte black wheels (not sure which wheel size would be better) (Also which backspacing would be most preferable. I don't want it to sit too wide, but also need to avoid rubbing. I think they offere anywhere between 3.75"-4.5")
I have heard that these wheels will clear the calipers. Is that correct?

2nd question. A lot of tire places recommended a 17" wheel for me, but that would put me into a D or E rated tire which I am afraid of having the same issues I am having right now with a rough ride. I wouldn't mind a 17" wheel If I could find a C rated tire (If they even exist) or a low rated D tire. Anybody have any prior experience with a 2 door jeep on 17" wheels and 35" tires?

Thanks for all the help.

STEVEH003 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2014, 02:36 PM   #2
duneslider
2007 JK Wrangler 

There are probably more people with 17" wheels and 35" tires than anything else on JK's. Air pressure is where it is at though. I run 25 right now, most run it way to high.

I currently have Level 8 trackers (not positive on the backspacing but mine are 15x8) on my JKU with 35"BFG KM2's.

My opinion about BFG AT's is they are the worst all terrain I have ever owned. Some like them but I thought they were poor in every condition.

I have like duratracs, terragrapplers, Toyo's just to name a few. The flaken gets good reviews.
duneslider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2014, 03:08 PM   #3
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

if you go with a 15 rim you really need 3.75 back space. No matter what width you go with be it 8 or 10. i would not run a 10" rim for a 35 on a 15 for off road. On a 8" you can run them at least at 8 pounds, no bead locks. Rather good side wall to tire ratio. like a 37 on 17.

Yep they do stick out more. You are 1.5" wider than a jk on 4.5BS say on 17x9 35x12.5x17. 4.5" wider than stock. The good thing about 15" is the price of the tire up to 35. My last set were 195$ each for MTRKs 35x12.5x15 . Going bigger you might as well run 17" as the price evens out 37. I would not spend much on 15"s rims. especially if going wheeling. I paid like 45$ each for the steel ones i have had on or JKR. 5 were the cost of 1 good alloy. i run 27 psi street.

you see here were the rims is very close to the tie rod, those are Synergy one's
Unread 10-21-2014, 04:48 PM   #4
STEVEH003

Any recommendations for a good 35" D Rated tire for a 17" wheel, that will make the ride smooth on my 2 door. This is where I am having the most difficulty, because i do not want to end up in the same situation I am having with my E rated Toyo tire and having terrible ride quality.
Unread 10-21-2014, 04:49 PM   #5
STEVEH003

Sorry and in an all-terrain tire.
Unread 10-21-2014, 09:28 PM   #6
duneslider
2007 JK Wrangler 

Goodyear wrangler duratracs load range D, They are close to a 35". My 35" BFG's are only barely over 34".

Falken Rocky Mountain ATS load range D

Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx load range D

All good tires. Lots of other ones out there I am sure.
duneslider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2014, 07:25 AM   #7
SLADE
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Nitto Terra Grappler LT325/70R17 is a D load rated.

You could also look at tires like Goodyear Duratrac and Fierce Attitude that are a little rougher than a typical AT tire but not as aggressive as an MT tire.
2001 Dodge Ram 2500
SLADE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2014, 02:15 AM   #8
zjilla
Web Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

15" 3.75 Backspaced MB wheels will definatley clear the caliper.
www.annirlane.blogspot.com
October 2013 JK of the month
My Slowly but surely JK build thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/s...hread-1562595/
zjilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.