14 JK Questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 14 JK Questions

CurrieZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!

Unread 12-04-2013, 09:27 AM   #1
bensmiata

14 JK Questions

I'm forward deployed to the Middle East right now and considering a '14 JK for when I get back. Looking at: Copperhead, half doors, A/C, Sport, 6spd, towing package and that's it. Price is really good and I drove one before I left. Big improvement from the TJ's! Are there any known problems with the newer ones? I knew of ticking in the '12's. Haven't been able to find many pictures of the Copperhead either. Any must have options?

Thanks!

bensmiata is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2013, 10:07 AM   #2
fastfreddie

You mean Sport S?

Half doors aren't available on the Sport.
AC is standard on the Sport S.
Sport is 16" wheels, Sport S is 17".

I'm also looking at a basically bare bones 2014 in the S version and going for...
6spd
half doors
tow pkg
3.73 gears
Trac-Lok
slush mats (why not?)
smokers group (for the covered cubbyhole and lighter jack)
deep tint windows (the "build it" feature says you gotta pay for it, elsewhere on the site it says it's standard). ???

I figure the gears and Trac-Lok will keep me satisfied until it gets the "full treatment".

Hopefully, the newer engines won't have issues.
If you're gonna lift it over 2.5"-3", the exhaust crossover will interfere with the front driveshaft.
fastfreddie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2013, 10:08 AM   #3
MyJKU14
14JKUOrange

2014 JK Wrangler 

My profile pic is the copperhead in low light with snow in the woods... it's a really beautiful color. I have the JKU, sport S, 6-speed, connectivity, max tow, and a few other upgrades that were in the one on the lot. So far it's been in the shop for a faulty tranny bracket, apparently the rubber disk was bad from the factory and they have to order a new one. I love it otherwise and the color is really awesome.

Colorado Jeep Club #281

Past Jeeps: '02 WJ Overland, '02 WJ Limited, '08 KK Sport
MyJKU14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2013, 10:16 AM   #4
fastfreddie

Link to a few Copperhead full door Rubicon pics.
http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=139665
Unread 12-04-2013, 10:44 AM   #5
ROCKR8R
2008 JK Wrangler 

Big improvement over the TJ? ***** try big improvement over the 2007-2011 JK. LOL.

The later dated 12’s, 13’s and 14’s don’t have the ticking/fire hazard like the early 12’s. 2014 is the 3rd Gen of this incarnation of the JK, so it should be good to go.

-Dan
ROCKR8R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2013, 11:35 AM   #6
Yendor
2013 JK Wrangler 

Hey Freddie, my Jeep is quite similar to yours, but, save yourself a couple hundred dollars and buy a nice aftermarket hitch for aprox $90, and have the dealer install it as part of the deal, after you negotiated the final price. That's what is did. My Jeep is going to have the windows tinted by a local one man shop, tomorrow. I can relay the price, if any one is interested. From past experience, I'm guessing around $100. By doing those two things, I figured I saved about $500. I like my Weather Tecs better than the Mopar Slushies.

You'll love that 3.73 with the 6M. Trac loc works like a charm, also. Let me know how it turnes out for ya!
Yendor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2013, 12:06 PM   #7
bensmiata

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfreddie View Post
You mean Sport S?

Half doors aren't available on the Sport.
AC is standard on the Sport S.
Sport is 16" wheels, Sport S is 17".

I'm also looking at a basically bare bones 2014 in the S version and going for...
6spd
half doors
tow pkg
3.73 gears
Trac-Lok
slush mats (why not?)
smokers group (for the covered cubbyhole and lighter jack)
deep tint windows (the "build it" feature says you gotta pay for it, elsewhere on the site it says it's standard). ???

I figure the gears and Trac-Lok will keep me satisfied until it gets the "full treatment".

Hopefully, the newer engines won't have issues.
If you're gonna lift it over 2.5"-3", the exhaust crossover will interfere with the front driveshaft.
The Jeep website let me build a regular Sport one with half doors. Thanks for the feedback!
bensmiata is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2013, 01:48 PM   #8
MyJKU14
14JKUOrange

2014 JK Wrangler 

I've only ever seen the Sport S's on the lot as well so make sure they know it's going to be a special order.

Colorado Jeep Club #281

Past Jeeps: '02 WJ Overland, '02 WJ Limited, '08 KK Sport
MyJKU14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2013, 03:37 PM   #9
fastfreddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bensmiata View Post
The Jeep website let me build a regular Sport one with half doors. Thanks for the feedback!
Huh?!? I checked that and, yeah, it does let you do the half doors. I'd double check.
I can't get the Trac-Lok on a Sport tho', or...?

The site isn't perfect. I could do w/o AC. Get your build on paper before coughin' up a deposit.

Another thing, I went to the local lot and checked tire coverage of the flares/fenders. The Sport tires stick out about 3/4" farther than the other models, if that's a legal concern for you when going to wider rubber.
Coverage is about 2 1/4" extra for other than Sport. Sport was about 1 1/2" extra.
Unread 12-04-2013, 04:06 PM   #10
fastfreddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yendor View Post
...buy a nice aftermarket hitch for aprox $90...My Jeep is going to have the windows tinted by a local...I like my Weather Tecs better than the Mopar Slushies.

You'll love that 3.73 with the 6M. Trac loc works like a charm, also. Let me know how it turnes out for ya!
The other option I've looked at is a bumper with integral hitch.

Soft tops can be aftermarket tinted? I did not know that.

WeatherTech doesn't have a listing for the 2014 yet and, judging by the 2013 JK, it's more expensive than the Mopar. I have the WeatherTechs in my WJ. They're definitely nice...might be worth the extra $25.
Unread 12-05-2013, 05:29 AM   #11
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfreddie
Huh?!? I checked that and, yeah, it does let you do the half doors. I'd double check.
I can't get the Trac-Lok on a Sport tho', or...?

The site isn't perfect. I could do w/o AC. Get your build on paper before coughin' up a deposit.

Another thing, I went to the local lot and checked tire coverage of the flares/fenders. The Sport tires stick out about 3/4" farther than the other models, if that's a legal concern for you when going to wider rubber.
Coverage is about 2 1/4" extra for other than Sport. Sport was about 1 1/2" extra.
I am pretty sure all JK fenders are the same with the only difference is painted vs black.

There are different widths and sizes of tires of course. On TJ's the flares came in different widths.
Unread 12-05-2013, 05:48 AM   #12
fastfreddie

I guess what I should have said is, the 16" wheels/tires stick out 3/4" farther than the 17" wheels/tires...but rereading my post, I understand what I was saying.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.