10TH ANNIVERSARY RUBICON (pics) - Page 12 - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #166 of 224 Old 07-23-2013, 01:37 PM
442Wrangler
In like Flynn.
 
442Wrangler's Avatar
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Little Lamplight
Posts: 2,278
Someone should get a close up of the dash plaque...I'm just curious to see what it says.


2008 JK Rubicon
-255/80/17 BFG KM2s, 16/59 JKU springs, 2013 Rubi rims, RC stubby hybrid front bumper, XRC8 winch with synthetic line, RR evap skid, and more to come

1959 Willys Wagon
-Going to be restored and painted Plantation White and Presidential Red


"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."
-Steve McQueen
442Wrangler is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #167 of 224 Old 07-23-2013, 04:46 PM
zenman
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Junction City
Posts: 290
Here you go.

New Jeep: 10th Anniversary Rubicon, Anvil with Red Leather seats

Old Jeep: 2012 JK Sahara Dozer
zenman is offline  
post #168 of 224 Old 07-23-2013, 06:50 PM
redneckron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: McKinney, Texas
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenman View Post
What's with the rumbling/shudder when coming to a stop and starting off? Is it just the KM2 tires?
Just bought mine a few hours ago, and noticed that. Thought something was loose or something.
redneckron is offline  
post #169 of 224 Old 07-23-2013, 06:54 PM
redneckron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: McKinney, Texas
Posts: 17
Anyone mounted a winch in the front bumper yet? What did it require? Normal winch mounting plate?
redneckron is offline  
post #170 of 224 Old 07-23-2013, 07:51 PM
zenman
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Junction City
Posts: 290
Not yet but will soon. I also took my tires from 45psi to 43 which is the recommended psi.

New Jeep: 10th Anniversary Rubicon, Anvil with Red Leather seats

Old Jeep: 2012 JK Sahara Dozer
zenman is offline  
post #171 of 224 Old 07-23-2013, 08:34 PM
Piker73
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Houston
Posts: 64
Just bought mine today. Also wondering about the winch mount... And info?

2013 JKR 10A - Anvil, Red Interior, 2 Door
Piker73 is offline  
post #172 of 224 Old 07-24-2013, 01:15 PM
aznjeep
Senior Member
 
aznjeep's Avatar
2014 WK 
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by redneckron View Post
Anyone mounted a winch in the front bumper yet? What did it require? Normal winch mounting plate?
I need to find it again.. I thought I read somewhere that it uses the winch plate from AEV (go figure.. always gotta be top dollar for stuff).. and I think I saw that the Warn PowerHouse (winch/compressor) will not fit in this bumper. Once I find it, I'll pass it on..

Also, for you other 10A owners out there.. are your end caps on the rear bumper "loose"? My driver side one is just a hair loose, and when coming to a stop, that rumbling transfers to that end piece, and inside the Jeep, it amplifies the sound to make it seem that something is about to fall off. I'm trying to find a contact that can see if they make a "flush" end cap piece so that I can take the "extended" end cap off.

-Ken
'96 XJ Sport
'14 WK2 Overland EcoDiesel
'13 JKUR 10A (sold) Build Thread
'10 JKUR (sold) Build Thread
'99 TJ (sold)
aznjeep is offline  
post #173 of 224 Old 07-24-2013, 01:40 PM
ncb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Your mom's house
Posts: 4,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznjeep

I need to find it again.. I thought I read somewhere that it uses the winch plate from AEV (go figure.. always gotta be top dollar for stuff).. and I think I saw that the Warn PowerHouse (winch/compressor) will not fit in this bumper. Once I find it, I'll pass it on..

Also, for you other 10A owners out there.. are your end caps on the rear bumper "loose"? My driver side one is just a hair loose, and when coming to a stop, that rumbling transfers to that end piece, and inside the Jeep, it amplifies the sound to make it seem that something is about to fall off. I'm trying to find a contact that can see if they make a "flush" end cap piece so that I can take the "extended" end cap off.
The winch plate for the 10A hasn't been released yet from Mopar. There's a company selling a mount plate for it but I can't remember the name. Definitely not AEV.

Edit. Links-

http://www.maximus-3.com/10th-annive...rubicon-2.html

http://www.rustysoffroad.com/rustys-...ep-bumper.html
ncb is offline  
post #174 of 224 Old 07-24-2013, 07:43 PM
aznjeep
Senior Member
 
aznjeep's Avatar
2014 WK 
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncb View Post
The winch plate for the 10A hasn't been released yet from Mopar. There's a company selling a mount plate for it but I can't remember the name. Definitely not AEV.

Edit. Links-

http://www.maximus-3.com/10th-annive...rubicon-2.html

http://www.rustysoffroad.com/rustys-...ep-bumper.html
Yes.. you are correct.. that's what I get for trying to sneak in responses while at work. Maximus-3 and Rusty's Off Road are 2 places you can get the plate at this time. Mopar is supposed to release theirs later this year sometime..

-Ken
'96 XJ Sport
'14 WK2 Overland EcoDiesel
'13 JKUR 10A (sold) Build Thread
'10 JKUR (sold) Build Thread
'99 TJ (sold)
aznjeep is offline  
post #175 of 224 Old 07-24-2013, 07:54 PM
zenman
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Junction City
Posts: 290
What rear axle ratio do you guys have? I have automatic with 3.73. Already surprised by gas mileage in comparison to 3.21 in my 2012 Sahara.

New Jeep: 10th Anniversary Rubicon, Anvil with Red Leather seats

Old Jeep: 2012 JK Sahara Dozer
zenman is offline  
post #176 of 224 Old 07-25-2013, 09:17 AM
JTPhoto
Registered User
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: South Gillies Ontario
Posts: 2,330
I wouldn't be surprised if the AEV winch plate works as they have designed the rear bumper to accept the AEV rear tire carrier.

^^Jeff^^
2008 Black and Khaki Sahara Unlimited Trax-Lok rear diff. 3.5" Rock Krawler fr springs, rear TeraFlex 2.5 BB, 37x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on ProComp 7069 Alloys, AEV Prem Bumper ETC..
JTPhoto is offline  
post #177 of 224 Old 07-25-2013, 09:27 AM
DRaGuT
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 35
Zenman surprised positively ? Or negatively ?
DRaGuT is offline  
post #178 of 224 Old 07-25-2013, 10:25 AM
zenman
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Junction City
Posts: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRaGuT View Post
Zenman surprised positively ? Or negatively ?
Neutral. Sucked down my 1st free tank of gas really quick. However, I realized mileage should improve some with a few more miles on it. I was thinking of 4.10s but may wait or reconsider.

New Jeep: 10th Anniversary Rubicon, Anvil with Red Leather seats

Old Jeep: 2012 JK Sahara Dozer
zenman is offline  
post #179 of 224 Old 07-25-2013, 12:32 PM
AlbertaJeeper
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 629
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenman View Post

Neutral. Sucked down my 1st free tank of gas really quick. However, I realized mileage should improve some with a few more miles on it. I was thinking of 4.10s but may wait or reconsider.
I like my 4.10s but with the stock tires they really aren't highway friendly gears. Any speed above 100 km/h (a little over 60 mph) and you can watch the mileage dive
AlbertaJeeper is offline  
post #180 of 224 Old 07-25-2013, 12:58 PM
zenman
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Junction City
Posts: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaJeeper View Post
I like my 4.10s but with the stock tires they really aren't highway friendly gears. Any speed above 100 km/h (a little over 60 mph) and you can watch the mileage dive
Thanks. I really don't plan on going more that 33" anyway so may just keep what I got.

New Jeep: 10th Anniversary Rubicon, Anvil with Red Leather seats

Old Jeep: 2012 JK Sahara Dozer
zenman is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome