10A Bumper Mods - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 10A Bumper Mods

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 09-24-2013, 10:44 PM   #1
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

10A Bumper Mods

Hello all, Im picking up a front bumper tomorrow from the 10th anniversary rubicon and I just want to know what you have done to yours. Id like to get a hoop for it and eventually get a winch sometime down the road, just curous what people have done out there!

Also, where do they mount the license plate?

Unread 09-25-2013, 10:49 AM   #2
spinlock

The 10A bumper has license plate mounting hole right in the middle. It's about the only flat area on the bumper.

I have not seen a hoop for this bumper just the winch kit. The Mopar light bar should work because it attaches to chassis where the bumper mounts.
spinlock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2013, 12:16 PM   #3
wrh3

http://www.maximus-3.com/10th-anniversary-rubicon.html

Hoops and winch mounts.
Unread 09-25-2013, 09:50 PM   #4
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrh3 View Post
Perfect! Thanks

What about wiring for the fog lights from an 08 to the new H16 wiring harness from the fog lights?
Unread 09-26-2013, 09:40 AM   #5
wrh3

I would try and find someone that has cutoff their H16 plugs and has no plans to go back to OE- cut and splice with waterproof crimp connectors, I imagine the wire colors should be the same but easy enough to test with a volt/ohm meter.
Unread 09-26-2013, 10:12 AM   #6
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrh3 View Post
I would try and find someone that has cutoff their H16 plugs and has no plans to go back to OE- cut and splice with waterproof crimp connectors, I imagine the wire colors should be the same but easy enough to test with a volt/ohm meter.
What are the chances of finding some? They sell on eBay for 26 bucks a piece, no way!
Unread 09-26-2013, 01:02 PM   #7
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonyJohn View Post
Perfect! Thanks

What about wiring for the fog lights from an 08 to the new H16 wiring harness from the fog lights?
Have you taken out the lights in the 10A bumper? I remember seeing a post where someone was having difficulties because the lights couldn't be moved into his new upgraded bumper.
Vin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2013, 07:02 PM   #8
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin View Post
Have you taken out the lights in the 10A bumper? I remember seeing a post where someone was having difficulties because the lights couldn't be moved into his new upgraded bumper.
I took the bracket out, but the light is mounted pretty tricky. You could probably get it out, chances are your going to break it though. Id like to upgrade to some Warn wireless ones eventually but I can see how they would mount up if the bracket wont allow the stock one to come out

I ended up soldering the fog lights to make them work. Its not pretty, but it works so I covered it up good so no one can see them

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.