102" whip CB antenna mount locations. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 102" whip CB antenna mount locations.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 09-09-2013, 09:06 PM   #1
Neo1130
2009 JK Wrangler 

102" whip CB antenna mount locations.

Where have you guys mounted your 102" whips on your JK? I liked the CoolTech, but it's pretty damn spendy. I can also lay the whip down and forward for when I need to go in parking garages, etc... I like the one between the back door and spare tire, however, not many options to lay it down when needed. Keep in mind I have a soft top and kids so I don't want them getting smacked with the top down, etc... Feedback is appreciated! Would like to buy a mount soon.

Neo1130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 09:44 PM   #2
AveCat
MacGyver

2012 JK Wrangler 

From jk-forum user gunuck
Unread 09-09-2013, 09:45 PM   #3
Neo1130
2009 JK Wrangler 

I like that! Is that a custom mount?
Neo1130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 10:07 PM   #4
AveCat
MacGyver

2012 JK Wrangler 

Here's the post verbatim...
"Hope it works and you can see my installation.
I used a piece of stainles angle plate and attach inside the hinge using existing bolt.
Extended post is not necessery, but it was used on previos antena that had top coil and I wanted the coil above roof line.
If you can find wider angle so the antena mount leg is further away from the door. Thats why I left the riser.
Also you can run the coax trough the gate, but do not try to feed it trough door wiring harnes, leave it on the outside.
I did that on my 08 and in the winter the coax got mangled inside the harness.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.