$1000 extra for Canadians - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > $1000 extra for Canadians

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-23-2007, 10:27 AM   #1
caliwankers

$1000 extra for Canadians

Any Canadians that have ordered a new JK and have not yet taken delivery, or are thinking of ordering a new one, are going to be faced with an extra $1000 charge thanks to the Federal government's new Green Levy (no relation to Eugene ) from this weeks budget.

The Wrangler is rated at 13.4 liters/100Km and at that level it earns them a $1000.00 levy payable to the dealership effective on all vehicles received by the dealership after March 19, 2007. Apparantly, it does not apply to dealer's inventory that is received prior to this date.

Needless to say, I am pleased that mine showed up ahead of this time.

Cali

(Naekid, last time you bumped this thread to the "Off Road Discussion" thread. I can't see how this topic relates in any way to "Off Road" discussion. JK pricing has existed in may threads in this JK Technical forum, has it not?)

18" Wheels
Dual Top Group
6 Speed
caliwankers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2007, 10:38 AM   #2
NaeKid
JF Administrator, eh?

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliwankers
(Naekid, last time you bumped this thread to the "Off Road Discussion" thread. I can't see how this topic relates in any way to "Off Road" discussion. JK pricing has existed in may threads in this JK Technical forum, has it not?)
Sorry - I should have bumped it over to the General Discussion because the law does not target the JK specifically, but every new vehicle being sold today in Canada.

Based on the JF rules for the technical discussion areas, even this message isn't JK-specific enough for me to allow it to stay here.
  • Silver 2006 TJ Unlimited, zombie ready as the daily-driver
  • a Kawasaki KLR650 DualSport bike

- - - - - - -TEOTWAWKI- - - - - - -

NaeKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2007, 11:56 AM   #3
Reddog2020

I ordered a 2dr Rubi 6spd yesterday, the saleman said the $1000 green-fee was only for the Auto transmission and not the 6spd. But there are indeed charging these new fees.
Reddog2020 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.