10-a headlights barely glimmering - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 10-a headlights barely glimmering

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 03-15-2014, 09:35 AM   #1
2013JK4Rubicon

2013 JK Wrangler 

10-a headlights barely glimmering

We took out my 10-A Rubicon on her maiden trip last weekend. Only took us 4 months to get her rigged up. (Pics coming soon)

For about the last 20 minutes or so I was running 4 Rigid Duallies, and a 50"
E-2; suffice it to say, it was very bright. We turn onto the highway just as it was getting dark, and the lady says "you better turn off the Rigids". I did;
and everything went black. Honestly I could barely see with the headlights on. We let our eyes adjust to the lack of light for a minute, and I got out to look at the stock headlights; they were just glimmering. It looked like an old 50's pickup with that yellow glow and the alternator going out. Luckily I have 2 of the Rigid Duallies mounted on the bumper so I was not illegal driving with them powered up.

I have all accessoreis running through an SPOD off a 2nd battery with a Genesis set up.

Any ideas on what could be causing this. Ground maybe?

2013 10A JKU ANVIL - Metal Cloak (MC) GC & 6-Pak shocks, MC Overland innner & outer Fenders, rock sliders and lower body armor,5:13's, ARTEC Axle Truss, 3 piston SS calipers,Tom Woods 1310 shafts, MT 37" ATZ-P3's, SPOD, Genisis Dual Battery Holder & Isolator w/ dual Optima's, Warn 9.5 CTI-S & Pro Link, ARB CKMTA12 w/ CMM ARB Compressor Underseat Mount, Rigid Industries 40" E-2, 2-SRQ's out back, 4-D2 drivers up front, XRC Atlas rear bumper and tire carrier, GOBI Rack, Truck Vault w/110V power inverter & ARB 50QT
2013JK4Rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2014, 09:48 AM   #2
ridesno4llfe
2013 JK Wrangler 

Could just be perception. After running the bright leds the halogens look like a joke. The stock headlights are horrible. I barely notice any difference turning mine off and just running fogs at night.
Unread 03-15-2014, 10:38 AM   #3
2013JK4Rubicon

2013 JK Wrangler 

At first that is exactly what I thought However; even the guy that was with us said it looked pretty dim, and he has
an 09 JKU
2013 10A JKU ANVIL - Metal Cloak (MC) GC & 6-Pak shocks, MC Overland innner & outer Fenders, rock sliders and lower body armor,5:13's, ARTEC Axle Truss, 3 piston SS calipers,Tom Woods 1310 shafts, MT 37" ATZ-P3's, SPOD, Genisis Dual Battery Holder & Isolator w/ dual Optima's, Warn 9.5 CTI-S & Pro Link, ARB CKMTA12 w/ CMM ARB Compressor Underseat Mount, Rigid Industries 40" E-2, 2-SRQ's out back, 4-D2 drivers up front, XRC Atlas rear bumper and tire carrier, GOBI Rack, Truck Vault w/110V power inverter & ARB 50QT
2013JK4Rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2014, 03:16 PM   #4
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

Try adjusting the aim. Many JK's have the adjustment wrong, even bone stock straight from the factory.

Have your battery load tested. Clean the connections and tighten. Check the output of the alternator as well.

Do you have all of your auxiliary lights and add on accessories on relays?

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.