1 person soft top removal? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 1 person soft top removal?

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 09-13-2012, 07:03 PM   #16
zamball
2009 JK Wrangler 

I always stand in the back seat and pull the header bar up and over. Works the best.

Unread 09-13-2012, 08:07 PM   #17
Gomofast
2008 JK Wrangler 

Thanks guys, I took your advice and I was able to do it from inside the jeep, lifting up in the middle. Guess I was just surprised because I could always do my TJ top from outside the vehicle.

98 TJ Sport, 4" Rough Country Lift, homemade discos,
35" BFG Mud Terrain T/A KM's, 4.56 gears, Detroit Truetrac
up front, factory Trac-Lok out back,Warn M8274 8000lb
winch, York OBA, rock guards, custom intake, 48" HI Lift.
Gomofast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2012, 11:28 PM   #18
Durhamjeeper
2007 JK Wrangler 

One person from the outside

Once you unhook everything, pull up one front corner.
Reach in the gap you created - yes the header looks torqued.
Grab the bar that does not attach, but has Y ends and runs the full width.
Push that bar upward - the header will even out and that bar will be the fold point for the top going into the sunrider position.
Loosen the clip on the side you are on to release the next stage of the removal.
Walk around and loosen the other one.
Unhook the rear corners from the tub and either fold them over the top, or tuck them into the elastic loops used to hold the rolled-up back window.
As you slowly lower the remainder of the top, work the folds in like an accordian.
Once it is completely down, you can remove the 4 torx screws and pull the ends of the bows off the brackets.
Grab one set of the bows in one hand and wrap your other arm around the folded top.
Now you can completely remove it and store it while going topless.
Durhamjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2012, 11:09 AM   #19
paul84043
2012 JK Wrangler 

There were times where I had the soft top locked on for an extended time and it kind of stuck in the corners. So I would break the corners loose first, and after that it was easy to lift the top from one side only.
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
one person , soft top

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.