07 Wrangler Squeaks when accelerating ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 07 Wrangler Squeaks when accelerating ?

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDTeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!

Reply
Unread 08-15-2012, 10:34 AM   #1
SilenceOfDaPwnd
Registered User
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Hopkinton, MA
Posts: 179
07 Wrangler Squeaks when accelerating ?

I JUST DROPPED OFF MY JEEP AT THE GARAGE BECAUSE I AM GOIGN INSANE WITH THE SQUEAKING NOISE THAT CONSTANTLY GOES AS I ACCELERATE IN MY 07 WRANGLER

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THIS IS.....

IT'S NOT THE CLUTCH, WHERE AS I AM NOT TOUCHING IT
ANY GEAR AS I PRESS THE GAS DOWN ABOUT 255 IT CREATES A CONSTANT NOISE THAT IS DRIVING ME INSANE......


ANY IDEAS?

SilenceOfDaPwnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 10:44 AM   #2
Dynomax_Exhaust
Exhaust Experts!
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Monroe, MI
Posts: 167
I guess tensioner pulley....
__________________
Follow us on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/dynomaxexhaust
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic302199_7.gif
Dynomax_Exhaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 10:50 AM   #3
1AAdam
Registered User
2000 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,572
can u tell if it's coming from the engine or from the drive train?
__________________
Adam
1aauto.com
888-844-3393
1AAdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 10:58 AM   #4
Dynomax_Exhaust
Exhaust Experts!
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Monroe, MI
Posts: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AAdam View Post
can u tell if it's coming from the engine or from the drive train?
If it is the tensioner pulley front of the engine.
__________________
Follow us on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/dynomaxexhaust
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic302199_7.gif
Dynomax_Exhaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 12:11 PM   #5
SilenceOfDaPwnd
Registered User
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Hopkinton, MA
Posts: 179
Problem is the noise only occurs when I press on the gas while driving......

I cant locate it as I drive :-/

Is there a way to see while its in Neutral I wonder to pinpoint the location
SilenceOfDaPwnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 01:49 PM   #6
SubAtomicGenius
Sarcastic Fantastic
 
SubAtomicGenius's Avatar
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilenceOfDaPwnd View Post
I JUST DROPPED OFF MY JEEP AT THE GARAGE BECAUSE I AM GOIGN INSANE WITH THE SQUEAKING NOISE THAT CONSTANTLY GOES AS I ACCELERATE IN MY 07 WRANGLER

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THIS IS.....

IT'S NOT THE CLUTCH, WHERE AS I AM NOT TOUCHING IT
ANY GEAR AS I PRESS THE GAS DOWN ABOUT 255 IT CREATES A CONSTANT NOISE THAT IS DRIVING ME INSANE......


ANY IDEAS?
Perhaps your Jeep's caps lock is stuck on...

Seriously, check it out in neutral. Does it still make the same noise while not in gear?
SubAtomicGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 02:27 PM   #7
Wavedatya
Registered User
2010 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Clarington county, Ontario, Canada EH!
Posts: 1,369
Could be a belt tensioner but that will likely do it at idle. Something in te brakes. Or bad rotor. Bad wheel bearings. Loose vacuum hose. Tranny needs maintenance.

Mine does it too. But mine changes When I hit the brakes. And my jeep goes for days without moving so its prob something seizing. I suspect it's my brake booster because it changes when brake applied. Either goes away or gets louder for some reason. Until something falls off it I'm gonna drive it. I'm tired of dealers and "not being able to replicate sound" lol and than charging me 100$ to check it out

Sorry for the rant

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
__________________
OF4WD member #7523. Durham 4x4 member.
Wavedatya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 02:35 PM   #8
SilenceOfDaPwnd
Registered User
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Hopkinton, MA
Posts: 179
Well luckily I have 2 years free maintenance on the Jeep
Thats why I dropped it off
Hopefully they find it and fix it

And its still free so
Go me lol
SilenceOfDaPwnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 02:49 PM   #9
Wavedatya
Registered User
2010 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Clarington county, Ontario, Canada EH!
Posts: 1,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilenceOfDaPwnd
Well luckily I have 2 years free maintenance on the Jeep
Thats why I dropped it off
Hopefully they find it and fix it

And its still free so
Go me lol
Lol. I have warranty too but still couldn't be bothered lol. That's how much I dislike dealers.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
__________________
OF4WD member #7523. Durham 4x4 member.
Wavedatya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 02:59 PM   #10
SilenceOfDaPwnd
Registered User
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Hopkinton, MA
Posts: 179
Well I just called the Garage for my update...

They hit me with the Jeep TSB:

I looked it up online and sounds about right......
Info below:

__________________________________________________ _______________

NUMBER: 06-001-08
GROUP: Clutch
DATE: June 14, 2008

SUBJECT:
Squeak-Like Sound Due To Manual Transmission Clutch Disc

MODEL:
2007 - 2008 (JK) Wrangler
NOTE: This bulletin applies to Wrangler vehicles equipped with a 3.8L engine and manual transmission (sales codes EGT and DEH respectively), built on or before June 5, 2008 (MDH 0605XX).

OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves the replacement of the manual transmission clutch disc.

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
The customer may experience a squeak-like sound from the transmission clutch. This sound will occur when there is a change in engine torque. The squeak-like sound can be heard most often during: clutch engagement, acceleration (tip-in), and/or deceleration maneuvers. This condition may be due to the clutch disc internal components.
SilenceOfDaPwnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 03:04 PM   #11
Dynomax_Exhaust
Exhaust Experts!
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Monroe, MI
Posts: 167
Nice! Thanks for the follow up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilenceOfDaPwnd View Post
Well I just called the Garage for my update...

They hit me with the Jeep TSB:

I looked it up online and sounds about right......
Info below:

__________________________________________________ _______________

NUMBER: 06-001-08
GROUP: Clutch
DATE: June 14, 2008

SUBJECT:
Squeak-Like Sound Due To Manual Transmission Clutch Disc

MODEL:
2007 - 2008 (JK) Wrangler
NOTE: This bulletin applies to Wrangler vehicles equipped with a 3.8L engine and manual transmission (sales codes EGT and DEH respectively), built on or before June 5, 2008 (MDH 0605XX).

OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves the replacement of the manual transmission clutch disc.

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
The customer may experience a squeak-like sound from the transmission clutch. This sound will occur when there is a change in engine torque. The squeak-like sound can be heard most often during: clutch engagement, acceleration (tip-in), and/or deceleration maneuvers. This condition may be due to the clutch disc internal components.
__________________
Follow us on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/dynomaxexhaust
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic302199_7.gif
Dynomax_Exhaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 03:50 PM   #12
Wavedatya
Registered User
2010 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Clarington county, Ontario, Canada EH!
Posts: 1,369
Awesome! Is that a Recal? Lucky you get a new clutch for free!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
__________________
OF4WD member #7523. Durham 4x4 member.
Wavedatya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 04:12 PM   #13
paul84043
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,591
I was going to guess "small rodent stuck under gas pedal".... Dang..
__________________
**
Make a man a fire and you keep him warm for a day....Set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life....
**
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 04:26 PM   #14
Wavedatya
Registered User
2010 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Clarington county, Ontario, Canada EH!
Posts: 1,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul84043
I was going to guess "small rodent stuck under gas pedal".... Dang..
No that's under the hood! Ehhh ohhhhh!!!! Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
__________________
OF4WD member #7523. Durham 4x4 member.
Wavedatya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 05:53 PM   #15
SilenceOfDaPwnd
Registered User
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Hopkinton, MA
Posts: 179
I'm not sure if it's a recall
Just know it was a bulletin
SilenceOfDaPwnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
jk , noise , squeaking , wrangler
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.