07' Rubicon Power Steering Dilema - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 07' Rubicon Power Steering Dilema

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?

Unread 08-15-2012, 05:00 PM   #1
crewguy987
2007 JK Wrangler 

07' Rubicon Power Steering Dilema

Got stuck, not a big surprise. But as soon as I got out my power steering was non existent. No whining pump, just grunt force power applied to steering wheel to turn. My problem is I don't know wether to replace to power steering gear box or the pump. I have removed the pump and opened it up, resevoir was full, pump and fluid had no signs of debris or metal shavings or anything broken, from a lamens eye perspective. I don't want to purchase the wrong thing and be out a few hundred more dollars. To complicate matters no parts stores seem to carry the 07-11 power steering pumps because they redesigned the part in 2012 using a different pump with a larger pully shaft. I'm not even sure if I could bolt up a 2012 pump to mine if I wanted to.
So...How do I figure out what I need to replace, and what do I replace it with? I'm at a stalemate. PLEASE HELP!

crewguy987 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power steering box , power steering gearbox , power steering pump , rubicon , steering

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.