07 JK Drag link rod end scrapes frame (pitman arm end) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 07 JK Drag link rod end scrapes frame (pitman arm end)

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-18-2013, 08:14 PM   #1
billybob535
1974 CJ6 

07 JK Drag link rod end scrapes frame (pitman arm end)

The mrs was driving her 07 JKU to work one day and plowed into some 6" deep water on a flooded road. The result seems to be that something in the steering bent. I am not sure which part yet. The Jeep now pulls to the right slightly (was in perfect alignment before). The odd part is that the aftermarket replacement rod end that is on the end of the drag link that connects to the pitman arm now scrapes the frame when turning left. I am trying to figure out if the pitman arm is bent, the sector shaft is bent, or a combination of both. There is no play in the steering.

How do you tell if the sector shaft or the pitman arm is bent? I looked as the steering was cycled and could not tell. Suggestions?

Unread 08-20-2013, 05:30 AM   #2
billybob535
1974 CJ6 

Anyone?
Unread 08-20-2013, 06:09 AM   #3
ncb

I've read on the forum that some of the aftermarket tie rod ends for the drag link are too long and hit the frame. Does it pull or is the steering wheel not centered?
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.