You know you own a Jeep when - Page 16 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > You know you own a Jeep when

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 12-22-2011, 09:13 AM   #226
Muddy4DSM

There are some VERY questionable ones in here – don’t seem to have anything to do with Jeeps, but I’ll give it a try…

You know you own a Jeep when …

You’ve been asked to not come back to the local car wash after clogging it up last time with mud…

You get excited for weather forecasts of excessive snow and start thinking of things you will “need to pick up” after the snow has dumped…

You temporarily forget that you have to dial a cell phone after using your CB for an entire weekend…

Tires are no longer measured with standard tire dimensions and only described in “I think I can fit XX inches tall without rubbing”

Your speedometer hasn’t worked correctly since your first set of replacement tires…

You have a secret fantasy of finding and H2 or H3 stuck somewhere that needs your help…

Unread 12-22-2011, 09:31 AM   #227
phase888
2007 JK Wrangler 

When you start driving the Jeep again and your work says "You only park here now, we don't appreciate you distributing your mud all over the darned lot!"
phase888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2011, 09:37 AM   #228
Millermagic
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Spending $200 in gas on a short trip is nothing.
You hit a tree, scratch and dent the body and think "man that looks nice"
Unread 12-22-2011, 09:43 AM   #229
dawnrenees
2000 TJ Wrangler 

When you get told Miss I think there is something wrong with your Jeep, I've never heard one smoke or clatter like that!! I just smile and nod, there's NOTHING wrong with my Jeep, it's just got 4bt cummins in it

Or at a light people are looking around for a Dodge and all they see is your Jeep...yet another mind-blowing experience.

When you want to put a stroker on your 4.0 TJ cause you think it runs like crap compaired to your YJ Cummins.

BUT even with those the best is when driving the 75 CJ5 Levi edition everyone is like cool Jeep when it's just a plain ol' Jeep no extras!
dawnrenees is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2011, 10:17 AM   #230
99goldxj
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Completely jealous that you own all three.

"but yeah i guess if i did it all over, i would have hit her."

[QUOTE=99XJBeast;11291646]its running like a raped ape on steroids.[/QUOTE]

1999 XJ. 235 Big O AT's. Clear bumper and side markers. 6.5 inch speakers in rear. Soon to be all LED bulbs (need turn signal flasher and led bulbs and gauge lights).
99goldxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2011, 10:34 AM   #231
dawnrenees
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks Our Levi only has 66,000 miles on it. It's in really good shape especially considering it's all original

Also when I say I'd rather be topless and dirty the guys take it the wrong way,
dawnrenees is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2011, 11:17 AM   #232
slopedover
1998 ZJ 

you get pulled over cause the cop can't see your license plate through the mud on your jeep
slopedover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2011, 11:27 AM   #233
Bill Mac
2004 TJ Wrangler 

You know you drive a Jeep when your driving down the freeway letting people pass you and dont give a rip, but will bounce all over the road with the hammer down to catch up to the Jeep ahead of you to check out his/her jeep.
Bill Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2011, 11:54 AM   #234
classicxj

u know you drive a Jeep when you park next to a H3 and the owner hangs their head in shame
classicxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2011, 12:50 PM   #235
phase888
2007 JK Wrangler 

You know you drive a Jeep when your friends quake in fear when you jokingly say 'Roads? Where we are going we don't need roads.'
phase888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2011, 12:55 PM   #236
Jeep-Power

Great thread!

...when you park in that reeealy tight spot, next to the a$$hat who took up two spaces, so closely that there is no way they are going to get their door open (ideally the drivers side)

... when you park next to said car above & don't have to worry about getting out because your doors are off.

... when you park next to above car & don't worry about them opening their door because your Jeep has more 'trail patina' than their door can ever leave.

... when you can't count the number of times people have asked you 'have you rolled this thing?'

... when your fleet spans three generations.

...when you are part of a professional studio photo shoot because 'that old/rusty vehicle is sooo cool!"

... when you have random hour long conversations in parking lots with total strangers after they realize 'that thing' is yours.

...when you don't give a second thought to driving across the median on the interstate.

...when you are driving anywhere on the interstate and happen to look over to see the kid(s) in the car next to you freaking out, pointing, & screaming "JEEP!!!" and or "WOW!!!"

...when your passenger keeps saying "wow, this thing gets ALOT of attention!"

...when you wave to a fellow Jeeper & your passenger asks "do you know them?"

...when you let someone drive your Jeep & they say "wow, this thing gets ALOT of attention!"
'62 CJ-5 ~ Stocker
Jeep-Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2011, 02:06 PM   #237
TechniShawn

Make your own road because, you know, the city forgot to put one there and you're late for work.
TechniShawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2011, 02:20 PM   #238
mbybee

When the Jeep vs Landrover youtube vids piss you off because they're so obviously biased (one way or the other).

When you pack your gear and the most important criteria is "will it fit in there, and will it matter if it gets wet?"

When your dog needs a boost to get into the car.

When you're happy that nobody else took the spot by the huge mud puddle
mbybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2011, 03:56 PM   #239
Ravie
1999 WJ 

When you find yourself making excuses for why your 4.5 inch lift and 800 dollars worth of tires is a completely normal, legitimate need. (Oh, and it is. haha)
Unread 12-22-2011, 04:48 PM   #240
DrGrand
2003 WJ 

When you smack a tree and don't really give a flying s**t.

When you are more concerned about how high the ground clearence is rather then how high your MPGs are

When your friends ask if they can get a ride to their fishing spot which so happenes to be 10 miles south of your current location, and the only way to get there is through a 10 mile rocky and muddy piece of mother natures worst. That was some of the funnest wheeling that I have done.

When you are on a trail ride and see the looks on peoples faces when they just realise that a stock WJ made it the same places that their build TJs YJs and XJs went.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.