"Wolf Pen Gap" summit.. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > "Wolf Pen Gap" summit..

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!FLASH SALE! Open thread to reveil the Newest Sale @ ROCKRIIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-14-2015, 10:02 PM   #1
zhopperz
1981 CJ7 

"Wolf Pen Gap" summit..

I'm sure some of you hardcore Jeepers have heard of "Wolf Pen Gap" in Arkansas. My wife and I decided to do a "Jeep Tour" of the State of Arkansas, because of the numerous 4wd trails.. Little did we know, that "Wolf Pen Gap" was used mostly by smaller 4wheelers... Our narrow-track CJ-7 squeezed all the way up to the summit, where we were confronted with surprised and confused 4wheelers.. lolol.. One older guy just looked at his other riders in a confused way and asked me quote; "Is something wrong?" un-quote.. I said "No, why?", and he replied quote: "We've just never seen a full-sized Jeep make it to the "summit".... lolol.. The trails were narrow, but it was great fun. We picnicked on the summit of "Wolf Pen Gap" in "Ole Red"... Here is a pic of my wife right before lunch on the "Summit"....
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater

zhopperz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2015, 01:04 PM   #2
coachhick
1985 CJ7 

Where is wolf pen gap? We made it to the top of the blue hole at Albert Pike in a 04 F-250 crew with an 8" lift and 37's last summer....and its a 4 wheeler/UTV trail that I'd be uneasy about taking my jeep up! lol

I was trying to post a pic, but I can't for some reason
Unread 02-17-2015, 07:08 PM   #3
zhopperz
1981 CJ7 

Hey Coachhick, "Wolf Pen Gap" is in "Ouachita National Forest" in Mena, Arkansas.. Here is a link, in case you'd like to view.. : http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/ouach...10797&actid=24 On the flip, where is "Albert Pike".. Sounds like the trails are wider than WPG... Those F-250's are wide!
Unread 02-17-2015, 07:30 PM   #4
coachhick
1985 CJ7 

Albert Pike was where the big flood was a few years back. It's in the ouachita forest.

North of Langley on AR-369
Unread 02-18-2015, 08:47 AM   #5
zhopperz
1981 CJ7 

In the same Nat Forest as Wolf Pen? Don't know how I missed that... We did find "Mill Creek", and it was a bit more challenging, but has a forest within a forest that looks like Aspen trees, but I think they were another variety.. We had to winch a few blown-over trees out of the trailway at Mill Creek.. We have another trip planned for the "Lonesome Dove" area in Texas, we'll go a bit North and see if we can find "Albert Pike" on the way.. thanks..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.