Why do people tailgate me? - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Why do people tailgate me?

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-01-2009, 12:19 PM   #91
ghettosled

please tell me everyone who complains about tailgaters is NOT driving in the left lane on a highway.

not to start a war, but i am a quick driver and slow drivers in the left lane drive me crazy. i will tailgate, flash and even honk the horn if they are parked in the passing lane. i would never do this on a two-lane road or if there was another car in front of the one in front of me. but if the car ahead of me is in the passing lane and not passing, game on.

ghettosled is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2009, 12:31 PM   #92
johnny9
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettosled View Post
please tell me everyone who complains about tailgaters is NOT driving in the left lane on a highway.

not to start a war, but i am a quick driver and slow drivers in the left lane drive me crazy. i will tailgate, flash and even honk the horn if they are parked in the passing lane. i would never do this on a two-lane road or if there was another car in front of the one in front of me. but if the car ahead of me is in the passing lane and not passing, game on.
i totally agree..in fla everyone stays in the left lane going slow on a 6 lane road..frikin jerks..i do the same thing and useually they smash there brakes and flip ya off..but its all good cause when the jeep hits them and rolls over there car someday i will get out laughing my butt off as i call the police..and they buy me a new jeep down the road..
welcome to fla,now go home,haha..
they should anounce on the news everywhere in the world,every night,that the left lane is for passing and the right lane is for driveing..people just dont get it here in fla either..joke,em if they cant take a f@#k right..
johnny9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2009, 08:38 PM   #93
georgem
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I can't wait to get lifted and get some big tires. My plan is to just back up onto the hood of anyone that gets too uppity. On the highway I just go slow in the right lane. I haven't had many problems on the freeway. I did have a guy in a BWM pass me on a single lane off ramp. I guess I could have shouldered him into the rail, but really, the idiots out there doing idiot things are probably high, drunk or otherwise drug induced. Like the dude with the kid standing in the front seat from a few posts back. That kind of behavior can only be based on altered states of consciousness. If it's not from a chemical substance, it's probably retardation, or lack of testosterone from tiny balls or something.
georgem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2009, 02:52 PM   #94
Liftedsahara
2000 TJ Wrangler 

So this stupid girl behind me was tailgating the **** out of me and the lane next to me was clearly empty and then eventually tried to go around me. So being pissed I cut her off and started to get even closer to me and then when she changed lanes again I cut her off once again. After one more time she pulls over and is on the phone crying. She deserved it.
Unread 07-13-2009, 02:56 PM   #95
Liftedsahara
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny9 View Post
i totally agree..in fla everyone stays in the left lane going slow on a 6 lane road..frikin jerks..i do the same thing and useually they smash there brakes and flip ya off..but its all good cause when the jeep hits them and rolls over there car someday i will get out laughing my butt off as i call the police..and they buy me a new jeep down the road..
welcome to fla,now go home,haha..
they should anounce on the news everywhere in the world,every night,that the left lane is for passing and the right lane is for driveing..people just dont get it here in fla either..joke,em if they cant take a f@#k right..
From living there for my high school years I can attest to this ridiculousness. ITS FREAKING CRAZY DOWN THERE! I suggest to anyone planning on driving there to seriously pay attention or you will be killed by some alien with no license or and old woman with an air tank and half dead. Oh yeah and FL will issue drivers licenses to essentially blind people. WTF?
Unread 07-24-2009, 07:49 PM   #96
njkeagle
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Warn steel bumpers, 33 inch tire in the back....Please follow me and it will hurt, like the sticker says
njkeagle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2009, 04:51 PM   #97
BomberJeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkeagle View Post
Warn steel bumpers, 33 inch tire in the back....Please follow me and it will hurt, like the sticker says

Haha thats awesome. Where did you find that sticker?
Unread 08-13-2009, 02:26 AM   #98
Mickey_D
1997 ZJ 

I do road side assistance for a living. As such I drive all over hell's half acre all day long rescuing the yuppies in their BMW's, Mercs, etc that are too afraid to get their hands dirty changing a tire.

And because I cover an area of almost 1600 square miles and my arrival time is limited to 30 minutes, there are times I have to hustle.

I have informed a couple soccer moms that if they ever need a jump start or a tire changed or they lock their keys in their mini-vans, don't b***h when it takes me 45 minutes to get to them. I must have gotten stuck behind their identical twin doing 10mph under the speed limit, just like they were doing.

I also can't count the times I've yelled at someone to hang up and drive as it's clearly obvious they cannot do both simultaneously.

Regardless, I still stick to the 2 second rule. Except on I-15. You give some of these maniacs 2" of room to squeeze in front of you and they'll push you out of the way. I've driven in all but 11 states, all but one province, and I've also driven in several cities in Europe and Asia. Never have I seen a more suicidal bunch of morons as these Mormons out here. I sure hope some of them are following the PoGP closely, the way they drive they're going to need all the help they can get...

Mind you, I will ALWAYS say that the biggest ***holes on the planet are the idiotic morons that drive with their fog/driving lights on all the time. I've suggested to a couple cops that if they wanted to make their city a craptastic amount of money, just pull everyone over that has the "extra" lights on in town and give them the ticket for it. It's a law in every state. It's not jurisdictional. And it's non-negotiable. You got the lights on, you get a ticket. Easy money for the municipality.

Maybe, just maybe some of these self centered penis wrinkles will get the hint that you're only allowed two white and two amber lights to be visible from the front of the vehicle when closer than 2000 feet of another moving vehicle. The only exception is marker lights on trucks. So two white (headlights) and two amber (turn signals/parking lights) are all that's allowed. Anything more and it's a ticketable offense.

Any cops on here? What do you think?
[_][][][][][][][][_]

Last edited by Mickey_D; 08-13-2009 at 02:40 AM..
Mickey_D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2009, 08:03 PM   #99
kylelikewhoa
2006 LJ Wrangler 

For a couple weeks after I got my Jeep, I thought everyone was tailgating me. I then came to realize that I'm just not used to how short this thing is and that not one of these people were even close to tailgating me.

What I used to do in the Subaru was when people tail gated me I would hit the brakes lightly, enough for the tail lights to come on and slow me down a little, and I would start to swerve back and forth. I stopped doing that because I grew up, and now I just let people ride my *** as much as they want. Doesnt bother me anymore. If I can, I will let them go by me, if I can't, they will have to deal with it.

10' JK Islander
kylelikewhoa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2009, 10:19 PM   #100
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

get some bright *** after market lights...problem solved.
Unread 08-15-2009, 03:55 AM   #101
NPHLYT

I have always had small cars (my Miata is longer than my Jeep), They drive very close to me. I can't wait until I get a real bumper and retrieval hook!
NPHLYT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2009, 06:01 PM   #102
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I use to think that people tailgated me a lot in my TJ, but after now driving a Civic as a DD, every car bigger then a Civic thinks I'm in there way and doesn't seem to nice me. At least with my TJ, a lot of cars can't see around it so they'll stay back a little further. I don't drive slow in the far left lane either. I just get over and hope there is a phone pole up the road.

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2009, 06:15 PM   #103
gatorayde
1999 WJ 

People used to tailgate me a lot, then I left the tow-hook in my hitch and no more problems
gatorayde is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2009, 06:24 PM   #104
Canfourjeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Tailgating

I carry BB'S and when someone wont back off I just put a few in my mouth and spit them out of the window. They will for sure back off
Canfourjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2009, 07:06 PM   #105
dagoober
1992 YJ Wrangler 

i was being tailgated by some ****** in a gold nissan yesterday. i was in a playground zone where there were kids playing and the posted speed was 30. so the guy came up about a foot behind my jeep and started laying on his horn. so i pointed towards the playground and signaled him to slow down. so he flew past me and got up to atleast 60 while still town with a 50km/ph speed limit. the guy had alberta plates and all i could think was "i really hate tourists " theres usually a cop sitting in a driveway around there so i hope hes there if that guy does something like that again.
dagoober is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.