Why do people tailgate me? - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Why do people tailgate me?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitClayton Off Road - Come see us at these events!

Unread 03-14-2009, 03:23 PM   #76
muddycj7

some ppl are just jerks

muddycj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2009, 10:15 AM   #77
Teddy
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraser1986brown View Post
Just slam on the brakes for the "rabbit" than ran in front of you
"brake check that sucker and show him what jeep is made of(all metal vs plastic/fiber glass @@) you would have gotten a few month of massages for free or use the money on your jeep in mods
Teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2009, 08:42 PM   #78
1989yj
1989 YJ Wrangler 

if they do it at night just mount some bright lights or some kcs on the back and flash them till there off your ***
1989yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2009, 06:18 PM   #79
CORNFED15
2005 TJ Wrangler 

cant beat the good old fashion brake check
Unread 05-28-2009, 02:27 PM   #80
jimG16
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I mounted a Hi-lift on my hood and by doing so i couldnt use my windshield sprayer so i got longer hose and brought it to the back of the jeep and it'll spray a good 10feet. People back off haha.

Last edited by jimG16; 05-28-2009 at 02:27 PM.. Reason: spelling
jimG16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2009, 11:11 PM   #81
Dead_End
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimG16 View Post
I mounted a Hi-lift on my hood and by doing so i couldnt use my windshield sprayer so i got longer hose and brought it to the back of the jeep and it'll spray a good 10feet. People back off haha.
That has to be the best solution I have seen yet

2000 TJ-amber fire, 2.5L, AX5 transmission, NP231 transfer case, 1" t-case drop, D30 front, D35 rear, 4.10 gears, 4" Rubicon Express lift, 33x12.50 Goodyear Wrangler Dratrac tires, 15x8 American Racing steel D-window rims, 3 chime train horn, Viar 450C compressor with 6 gal tank, CJ tailgate, CJ/YJ hard top with XJ roof rack, soft top, Dynomax Super Turbo cat-back, HD ZJ steering, bedliner, SRC rear bumper w/tire carrier
1990 XJ "Dead End"-amber fire, 4.0L, AW4 transmission, D30 front, D35 rear, 3.55 gears, 235/75/15 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac tires, 15x7 TJ rims, 2001 front clip
1993 XJ forest green, 4.0l, 2wd, AW4 trans, D35 rear, 3.55 gears
Unread 05-30-2009, 01:22 AM   #82
hartke20g
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimG16
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNSF2228 View Post
That has to be the best solution I have seen yet

it's even better when you fill the reservoir with brake fluid. a few days later they'll wonder why their paint is peeling off.
hartke20g is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2009, 02:07 PM   #83
-Deepskyy-
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWMAN1911 View Post
Did you know? 1 in 3 automobiles on the road has a concealed firearm in it?

Be wary of any silver LJ's you carelessly & thoughtlessly may roadrage at.

The driver of my Jeep will justifyably shoot a nutbag threatening them.
I hear ya. Be wary of the red YJ's... at least one of them has a .40cal Smith and Wesson in it almost all the time.
-Lt. General Charles, Earl Cornwallis after the battle of Guilford Courthouse NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outatime05 View Post
Females are a dime-a-dozen. Jeeps are forever. Easy choice. Be indispensible or be gone. :wave:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdavetj View Post
We are Jeepforum. We can do the unthinkable. We are Jeep strong. And head stubborn. We are. JEEPFORUM.
/l , [____],
|---L--[]lllllll[]-
()_) ()_)==O=)_)
Red Jeep #543
-Deepskyy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2009, 02:39 PM   #84
my-jeep-earl
1971 CJ5 

Years ago, I had a '69 El Camino with 6 foot straight pipes coming off the mufflers out the back. A guy was tail gating me 'real close', I left it in gear, turned 'off' the ignition, then back 'on'. Flames came out the rear with smoke, a loud 'bang' and this guy was probably about a hundred yards back, real quick, when I looked in the rear view mirror.
my-jeep-earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2009, 03:36 PM   #85
NPHLYT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser_Brown View Post
Im gonna get one of those hooks for my hitch when it goes on. Its not my fault I forgot to take it off after wheeling and your rad is now stuck on it.
I think I will do this too and put a sticker above that reads "radiator fishin'".

I brake checked a woman who was almost close enough to change my radio station. She swerved out and got next to me, she started screaming and shaking an angry fist at me (the happy one was driving). She then swerves toward my Jeep, not realizing that one of us would be safe.... I swerved toward her laughing maniacally. She realized that her bluff was called and made tracks quick.

I have also been known to drop two gears with no brakes. Man those M/T's sound cool.
NPHLYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2009, 04:06 PM   #86
NightFox
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I think people tail gait because of where they are from. If you were born in the city where bumper to bumper aggressive driving is the norm you bring the bad habits into all driving situations. I am from snowbird country and I notice it a lot. Its sort of like the space bubble thing with people. If you grew up taking the subway your space bubble is probably going to smaller than someone who grew up somewhere else. I noticed it a lot when I moved to Europe. It takes a while to get use to the boundaries. Getting nudged and honked at was also a daily norm. When I moved back to the US the roads seemed huge, the shoulder was about the same size as the motorway road lanes. I also have buddies who come from out of town and I notice that they drive close enough to be considered tail gaiting..
NightFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2009, 03:07 PM   #87
johnny9
1997 TJ Wrangler 

getting honked at is one thing,but if i was to get nudged they would learn kwik how we country boyz in the swamp were raised..id drive over there frickin vehicle as i was calling the sherrif,,thats my uncle,thats brothers a judge,that dabbles in things he shouldnt,cause he married his sister,hahahah.
just kiddin lol..
everyone in fla seems to ride my azz when im in the jeep,,always..i assume they think they can get closer because of the jeep ground clearance or??
ive got a mack dog on the hood that pees out the front..i like the idea of putting one in the back also..
or get a sign that says stay back 50 feet or the flame thrower will ignite... while im spraying them with the washer fluid,john
johnny9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2009, 02:01 PM   #88
The Golden One

When I had my XJ, I turned the rear washer squirter straight back. Only had to use it once or twice. I'd always have people in F250s or H2s tailgate me to prove that their truck with a leveling kit sat higher than an XJ on 3 inches.
I have a morning ritual that I need to share. I call it "the terminator". First I crouch down in the shower in the classic "naked terminator traveling through time" pose. With my eyes closed I crouch there for a minute, visualizing either Arnold or the guy from the second movie (not the chick in the third one because that one sucked) and I start to hum the terminator theme. Then I slowly rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me to proceed through my day as an emotionless, cyborg badass. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It ruins the fantasy.
The Golden One is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2009, 02:47 PM   #89
jakecarder
2000 XJ Cherokee 

did the windshield washer thing with my dads cherokee. the hose for the back sprayer was all dry rotted so i cut it. when you push the button it sprays pretty far but on the high way all the wind just makes it go all crazy. its good in town tho. spraying that jerk in the face with the convertible mustang that was riding my a## at a stop light gave me satisfaction
jakecarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2009, 10:25 AM   #90
lowicz96
1995 XJ Cherokee 

My rear sprayer hose is rotted also, I use it all the time. It usually doesn't work the 1st time cause people think its just your windshield washer but if you do it twice and hold it long enough they get the idea. If i want be a real big *** i could spray it then slam on my brakes or fill it with antifreeze and watch them drive with their head out the window. But im not that mean.

88' Cherokee Limited - RIP

Sold - 96' Cherokee Sport 4x4, 2 Door, AW4, NP242, Its the girlfriends now!!
lowicz96 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.