Why do people tailgate me? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Why do people tailgate me?

Rugged Ridge 07-14 JK Sherpa Roof Rack available @ Oconee Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Great prices on seating!--Oconee Off-Road

Unread 12-14-2008, 08:37 PM   #46
Avian
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepTransformer View Post
just speed up & get over... or i dunno. speed up
What if Im already doing 60 in a 45 on a 2 lane country road? Oh...right....Im still the one doing the wrong thing and must do exactly what you want to do.

I especially love it during white out conditions on the highway. People around here still think the speed limit is the minimum speed regardless of the conditions.

Uniden Bearcat CB/PA
Mopar bumper
Moabs/ BFG KM's
Avian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2008, 08:57 PM   #47
JFranko
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I was out riding my 4-wheeler one day and it started to snow, a lot. It's hard enough trying to stop a Jeep with 32" mts pulling 2000lbs, but in the snow it's almost impossible. So I was cruising through town in second gear at about 10-15 mph in a 25 mph zone (people usually are going 35mph, and as long as you have ohio plates and not PA, cops assume your from hubbard and don't pull you over), shifting to first to slow down (I would also hold the break just enough so the lights came on to warn people). I couldn't believe how pissed people were getting, I finally said **** it and took the long way home to avoid high traffic areas.
RED JEEP CLUB MEMBER #494
JFranko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2008, 10:48 PM   #48
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

i got tailgated all the time until i got my jcr rear bumper..i rarely get tailgated now..
Unread 12-15-2008, 10:58 PM   #49
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I get tail gated constantly and I usually run about 5-10 over the speed limit (no I dont tailgate). I stopped caring. My XJ is insured for like $5000, I'd be fine if someone rear ended me lol.
Unread 12-18-2008, 07:51 AM   #50
1997_Sport
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avian View Post
I especially love it during white out conditions on the highway. People around here still think the speed limit is the minimum speed regardless of the conditions.
That is one of the first things i learned in drivers ed, when i took it, the speed posted is the maximum you should go. The lady said if conditions are really bad and your still going the posted speed you could get pulled over for reckless driveing.
1997_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2008, 10:31 AM   #51
jeepkid03
Winning

2000 XJ Cherokee 

I like how soccer moms in Chevy trailblazers think they can zoom around in the snow just cuz they have 4 wheel drive...NOPE! first sleet of the year in CT and I already pulled some lady out because "she thought it wasn't too bad out".....well you thought wrong lady

My 0331 Head Swap How-To Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/0...hread-1371398/

Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-1119997/
jeepkid03 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2008, 01:18 PM   #52
JFranko
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepkid03 View Post
I like how soccer moms in 4 door wranglers think they can zoom around in the snow just cuz they have 4 wheel drive...NOPE! first sleet of the year in CT and I already pulled some lady out because "she thought it wasn't too bad out".....well you thought wrong lady
I fixed it for you, and it's not just soccer moms, I had some kid in my class saying all this stuff about how they were on the highway going 90mph in some kids jeep because they had 4wd, so I just looked at him and said "and thats going to help you slow down how?", he didn't have an answer. It's ok though, the kid is an ***.
Unread 01-10-2009, 12:08 AM   #53
danielgoforth
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I finally had someone tailgate me the other day, a late 90's acura with way too many fog lights. I was in the fast lane on a freeway going about 55 in a construction zone, and there was pretty slow traffic in the slow lane so i just stayed in the fast lane. The acura gets behind me and does the bob and weave, then flashes me and speeds up then slows down all through the reduced speed zone. The zone finally ended and traffic in the fast lane cleared in front of me, so when he dropped back and began to speed up again I got on it and let off at about 105 and resumed normal speed. He was verrryyy far back and when he caught up to me decided it was best to keep a 4 car distance .

danielgoforth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2009, 01:19 PM   #54
Hockey1
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I work mostly pipeline jobs, and a girl I worked with this year had an awesome bumper sticker. It said " if you're gonna ride my #$$, you better be pulling my hair!" I'd like to know where she got it. I would put that on my YJ.

Welcome to America, now speak English!
Hockey1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2009, 02:10 PM   #55
JohnnyEpic
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyinHighYJ View Post
Hah that has to be one of the things I love most about my Jeep....the steel.

Off subject but I remember one night at the beach sitting in the Mickey D's drive thru with some friends. We had the top off and we were just BS'ing because it was like 3 am in the morning and there was only 2 employees working so it took forever to get the food.

Anyways we're sitting waiting for our order and my Jeep suddenly jerks forward. My friends are making fun of me for stalling out and I'm just like "guys, I'm not even in gear, I don't know what that was." Until we turn around and see a car behind me in line on my Jeep. I guess the kid behind me was either drunk or fell asleep while waiting in line and gave his car enough gas to run into the back of me. His girlfriend (who I assume had to have been drunk based on behavior) jumps out and starts apologizing profusely. I couldnt help but laugh because I had my thick steel hitch on the back and he hit that, putting a hole right through his plastic bumper and leaving my Jeep unscathed. Bet that wasnt a pretty sight for him to wake up to the next morning.

Wow I had the same thing happen to me down at school. Some guy and his girlfriend were screwing around behind my XJ and he hit the gas and ran into the back of me at the McD's drive thru.

I had my hitch ball in from towing earlier that day and it punched right into the radiator of his Intrepid. I pulled forward and it ripped the radiator through the grill and pulled the bumper off. Didn't even scratch my hitch ball.
Recovery: Rock Lizard Rock Monitor Front Bumper | Drawtite Rear Hitch | Hi-Lift All Cast 48" | Hi-Lift Wheel Adapter
Lights: Four 6" Round 100 watt lights | Two rectangular backup lights | Two Hella 500FF lights on front bumper
Other: Surco 45x50 Sarari Rack | Tranny cooler | Smittybilt G.E.A.R. Seat Covers
Coming Soon: Detours USA Tailbone Tire-Carrier | AJ's Super Rock Rails
JohnnyEpic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2009, 06:05 PM   #56
Mymmars
1989 YJ Wrangler 

where can i find the bumper sticker that says, keep honking im reloading. it would go well with my NRA sticker and Terrorist hunting permit sticker

Nightcrew member #095
Mymmars is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2009, 06:14 PM   #57
Mymmars
1989 YJ Wrangler 

http://www.bumperart.com/ProductImag...Display-35.gif

Nightcrew member #095
Mymmars is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2009, 08:04 PM   #58
JFranko
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mymmars View Post

Click free (and you nee IMG tags, not URL)
Unread 01-13-2009, 08:26 PM   #59
RyanSBenson
2001 WJ 

I just always drive the speed limit and I get tailgated everywhere. Esspecially coming off of red lights because I accelerate really slow to (that is only partially by choice because I have the 4.0)

The tailgating really doesn't bother me at all, I am fine just cruising along. They freak out and I just cruise along. That being said, if I am in the left lane I get over as soon as possible (if passing) because that is just the nice thing to do. I could never understand why people get pissed when you are going the speed limit, I am pretty sure that it is the law. Maybe I am just getting old and like to drive slow now days.....now I am old and rambling....
RyanSBenson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2009, 07:42 PM   #60
Thumperyz250f
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I just use my e-brake. Brake checking people and not giving them that bright red warning seems to scare them off a little faster.
-8.8 Lock-Right, HP30 Open, 4.56-
-35x12.5 KM2's, MT Spe. Edi. black-
-Superwinch LP8500, BTF Grill Hoop-
Thumperyz250f is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.