Where do these dealers get off... - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 10-13-2015, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
Seltzer08
2002 WJ 

Where do these dealers get off...

So, Last week, I came out of work to find a nice mess of an oil leak. The rear diff axle seal failed..
Now mind you, I work about 50miles from home, and this it was pissing...
So knowing I already had a busy weekend ahead of me, and Ive already done this job on this axle about 3months ago, I called the closest reputable dealer and had them quote me over the phone for the new seal, bearing and spacer..
THEY QUOTED ME $600 DOLLARS TO DO AN AXLE SEAL JOB ON AN 02 GRAND!
ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!????
300 IN PARTS AND 300 IN LABOR.
like i said before, i did this job about 3 months ago and for whatever reason it sprung itself loose and even with buying new chromo axle shafts it didnt cost me no 600effing dollars ...
Many 4 letter words were instantly expelled showing my discontent with how I felt with this quote.

My point of my rant is, for being one of the biggest followed brand markets in the world, how can dealers either rip us off like this, or even deny us services because of our vehicles. I know a lot of the JK owners go through a lot of greef because of these dealers not wanting to even touch them after they've been lifted or modified, including myself. This is how you market them, then deny them service is just plain ridiculous.
Im not one to take my jeep to the dealer anyways but this has been all the more reason not to.

Share your horror stories here.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-19-2016, 07:12 PM
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

From the start, I had trust issues with my dealer. Later, I have a suspension that one time they caused a problem with my wife's KJ and then made it worse to cause a failure to cover the original mistake. I'll spare the details, but interesting enough, it even included to send in a salesman to the waiting room to try and get me to do a trade in for a new Jeep!

I ended up having another shop do the repair, which was its own set of problems (untrained mechanics).

Oh yeah, and with my Jeep, I dropped it off one day for a transmission fluid change and I noticed an additional 20 miles on it when I was driving it home. A test drive is required for a fluid change? It was right after the lift was installed and they were all buzzing around it when I picked it up. Now if I drop it off anywhere, I make them write down, "No test drives!"

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Civilization is what old men manage to salvage from the onslaught of young idealists.” -- Don Colacho
post #3 of 3 Old 01-25-2016, 02:15 PM
kvesi122
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I prefer to not have shops work on my sh*t. If you do it yourself you can only blame yourself when it doesn't work.

Those scenarios would have raised my blood pressure hahaha joy rides are a serious no no.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.