When it rains it pours... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > When it rains it pours...

Black Rhino Off Road Wheels + Free ShippingThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 02-01-2014, 08:49 PM   #1
IBogusI

When it rains it pours...

So a buddy of mine had kept asking me to go camping at peacock flats in hawaii..we live on oahu. So i agree and he told me it was a dirt road to get up there. Its paved all the way up this mountain then it turns to dirt. No big deal. He has a 2wd silverado and told me he made it up fine all the time. I have an 08 grand cherokee wk 2wd. I at no time thought we would be doing some serious offroading because I would have opted out. It rained a bit beforehand. The jeep actually only got stuck once out of the hour and a half drive through ups and downs of this trail...wasnt too bad. Jeep surprised me as it was on some street tires. We set up camp and it rained really hard throughout the night. They stayed another night...I finally got on the trail and now this thing was a whole new monster....people had came up in the morning and I could see how bad it was. Deep mud and slippery rocks all up and down the trail. Mud was caked on to hell. I was all over practically drifting up and down the side of the mountain....it was the only way home. I also have my 5 year old son amd pregnant wife with me. It was so bad the kids in the back praying lol...looking at most of the inclines I was like no way no way....but the jeep kept on truckin...mud all in everything. Had a few scares with rocks hitting the undercarriage and some bad sliding almost into the rock sidewall of the trail. The majority of the trail has a cliff on one side. Over 3 hours later we finally reached the pavement. I still cannot believe we made it. Also I am by no means an experienced offroad driver. I have alot of experience with cars. Just really surprised me nothing broke. Awesome vehicle. After that endeavor I told my wife our next vehicle is going to be another jeep...that one will have 4wd lol.

IBogusI is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.